I am writing this review to answer some questions others may have had about this resort. I know I had some questions prior to going. This might be a long review.
Originally I had booked my husband and I for 7 nights at the Lagoon tower in a studio using HGVC club points because that was all that was available. A few weeks prior to departure I was able to change to 5 nights in a 1 bedroom in the Kalia Tower Ocean view and the remaining 2 nights in the Lagoon tower studio due to vacancies coming open.
The airfare I found at a good price had us arriving after 10:00PM, so I decided to fly in the day before our timeshare was to start and booked 1 night at the Hilton adjoining hotel for 50,000 points. We are Hilton Honors Diamond members and were able to get a free upgrade to Ocean View in the Rainbow Tower. Wow, what a score. I apologize that I did not take any photos. We were very tired when we arrived, but I can say the room was recently updated with very nice new furnishings a huge flat screen TV. I know, we are in Hawaii, why worry about that, but we do enjoy a nice TV, while in the room. We were able to get a 4:00PM check out, so we had the room until our timeshare was ready. This was nice to relax in after being out our first day, we were adjusted from Central Daylight Time.
On Saturday, we checked into the Kalia 1 bedroom, I posted photos. It is wonderful as it faces straight out towards the ocean. You are further back in the resort and if you look straight down you see the roof of a large building, but just look beyond it to the sea and smile. It is a little noisy on the balcony due to the traffic from Ala Moana street during busy times of the day. There are 2 balconies, 1 off the living room and one off the bedroom. The bathroom is very large and has access from both the living room and the bedroom, which is extremely convenient if someone is using the sleeper sofa. We did not have guests with us, but it is great knowledge for the future. There was plenty of storage in the bedroom as well as in the living room for guests clothes, etc.
We bought milk, coffee, eggs, wine and sourdough bread at the ABC store. They had a larger selection at the ABC by the Grand Waikikian Tower. I brought packaged ready to eat bacon from home, coffee filters, Crystal Light (both Pitcher and individual sizes) Microwave popcorn. These little things helped save some money on eating out. We did usually have leftovers from eating out and it was nice to have the facilities for warming and eating our leftovers.
Our last 2 nights were at the Lagoon Tower Studio. Sorry I didn’t get photos, we checked in after Happy Hour and just need to crash a bit. It is spacious for a couple. The room we ended up receiving had 2 double beds, would have preferred a king, but it had a great view of Diamond Head, the Resort, Lagoon and Ocean. The furnishings are all new with a huge dresser with lots of drawer space, a huge flat screen TV, Large closet. There is a small table and chairs, a full size coffee maker (we are big coffee drinkers, so appreciate the large coffee maker instead of the normal small ones). There is a mini fridge, a large microwave and dishes and cutlery for 2. Our room 2162, was a lock off to a 1 bedroom and across from the elevators, but we never heard anything.
To finalize everything, we loved the extra space in the Kalia 1 bedroom, so if one of the guests woke up early they could go in the living room and not wake the other . but to stay a few extra nights in Hawaii, the studio was good too. We love the Hilton Hawaiian village location. Both the beach and lagoon had plenty of space and great views. In 15 minutes walking you can be at the Ala Moana shopping center. In fifteen minutes the other direction, you pass through a very nice park at Ft De Russy on the way to Shorebird for $3.50 Mai Tais during Happy Hour and dinner at Dukes.
A great trip can’t wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, you'll have access to the Village's spectacular amenities, including an exercise facility to maintain your workout routine, over 20 restaurants and lounges, complimentary shows and live events, first-class shopping and a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village offers studios, one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Honolulu Hilton
- Hawaiian Hilton Village
- Hilton Grand Vacations At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hawaii/Honolulu