We just returned from 1 week at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, HI. It was a fun place with lots to do right on the property! We enjoyed Maui Zaui pizza at the Round Table - Yum! We went to the Hawaiian Luau on the property (HGVC owners get free upgrade to inner circle of tables - orchid leis - first in line for food) and enjoyed the singing, dancing, and traditional clothing. We shopped along the Rainbow Bazaar and were pleasantly surprised at the prices right there in the resort. For example, the shop downstairs in the Lagoon Tower had bottled water - 1.5 L for $0.99! Also there was an ABC store on the property that had different Hawaiian items to try: pineapple wine (YUM), local craft beers, Kona coffee, macadamia nuts, etc. By staying in our fabulous HGVC room in the Lagoon Tower (2 BR, 2 BA, full kitchen, dining room, living room, and 2 balconies overlooking the lagoon and the beach), we could also eat out on our balcony with food from the ABC - coffee in the morning was the greatest! Don't miss the Honolulu Cookie company, and the Pitake Jasmine lotions, candles, etc smell divine. We ventured out of the village for several excursions:
On Sunday, we took a van to the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium - not to be missed - can find all sorts of great Hawaiian items for reasonable prices: 7 Beefy T-shirts for $20, basket purse $20, watercolor paintings with woven matting and local wood frame $85, fabrics $3.75/yd, Tiki lamps $45, King's Hawaiian bread $7 for 3-4 loaves, shirred dress $30, etc. Loads of fun and you can munch of FRESH pineapple as you walk around.
Next day, we hiked up Diamond Head (go for the very early morning tour - our 10 am one was HOT). Rana was our guide, and she was full of local information and how to get up Diamond Head the right way - hydrate often. Did you know that Diamond Head is not a crater??
We also took a hike, kayak and snorkel tour to Chinaman's Hat island. Awesome - drove through rainforest to get to the other side of Oahu, short hike to a lookout point above a working ranch, kayaked out to Chinaman's Hat, ate lunch, snorkeled, kayaked back, and then drove back to Waikiki. It was our favorite outing.
Rented a car from Enterprise just down the street from the property for about $50 for the day (kept it overnight so we did not have to be back to return it by the time they closed at 5 pm). We headed east to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling - it was like snorkeling in a fish tank - tons of fish right in front of your mask. You pay to park, pay to enter the park, and have to watch a video on protecting the wildlife. We freshened up there, and then headed on the road around the island - stopping for the photo ops at the blow hole and other well-marked areas. Had an early dinner at Giovani's Shimp Truck (shrimp scampi to die for) and then doubled back to see the Polynesian Cultural Center. After taking in some of those sights and shopping opportunities, we headed to Sunset Beach for.... sunset pictures! We saw lots of surfers off to the left in the Banzai Pipeline. Then used the GPS to find Ted's Bakery - just 0.4 mi down the road - for pineapple cheesecake, etc.
From the Hilton, we took the catamaran tour to Turtle Canyon and snorkeled with lots of Green Sea Turtles. It was also fun to walk out to the main drag and see all the fancy shops - go to the Hard Rock for Happy Hour - but even more fun once we found the International Marketplace. Even met Wally Amos of Famous Amos cookies! He's still smiling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, you'll have access to the Village's spectacular amenities, including an exercise facility to maintain your workout routine, over 20 restaurants and lounges, complimentary shows and live events, first-class shopping and a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village offers studios, one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Honolulu Hilton
- Hawaiian Hilton Village
- Hilton Grand Vacations At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hawaii/Honolulu