“Not an Asian food fan” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin
Ranked #156 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wildomar, California, United States
“Not an Asian food fan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Tried this place which was right below our hotel. The owner said hello to us every time we walked by for the first 3 days and even explained the menu concept to us. I had heard good things about it but as I am not a big fan of Asian food I was reluctant. Oh well, what the heck. Very, very good! Breaded and deep fried pork cutlets or tenderloin done in various different ways, pleasantly surprised. Try it!

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
San Jose, CA
“Great Katsu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great location next to Embassy Suites. Easier to take back to the room since the restaurant was so small. They are very proud of their premium ingredient Katsu - not exactly Hawaiian type of pork Katsu.

Visited December 2012
Edmonton
“Yummy good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was a very small and friendly restaurant, and the food was very good. I had the most tender tonkatsu sandwiched between egg plants, and my son had pork belly, both were just YUM YUM good. The servers were very courteous and showed us how to grind the seasame and mix the sauce.

Sydney, Australia
“Authentic Tonkatsu in Hawaii!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

As good as it gets - would be even better if they also offer pork fillet instead of pork loin as well!

Vancouver Island
“Pork belly was amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I came here with friends. It is a small place which I probably would have walked by if my friends hadn't pointed it out. One of my friends is chinese and he told me to try the pork belly, something I probably would never try on my own. It was amazing. I wasn't very hungry and still managed to polish off every piece, plus the rice and everything else that the dish came with. The cost was $19 and it was a terrific deal. Next time I'm in Waikiki I will go back for sure. If you like asian food definately stop here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles