“Could use a little more upfront information...”

Hawaiian Ocean Promotions - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$36.00*
and up
Oahu Shore Excursion: Hanauma Bay Snorkeling
Ranked #190 of 334 Tours in Honolulu
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our Hanauma Bay Tour and Snorkeling. We were almost not picked up because the office had not confirmed out pick-up from the Hyatt, though I have a reconfirmation email stating our pickup location from the company. Luckily, they had described their vans and driver, so I was able to flag him down and get us on the bus. As previously stated by another reviewer, we were the only non-Japanese speaking people on the bus. Our tour guide, Jesse, did a great job if describing the local area, but his microphone was really loud and sometimes it was hard to understand him.
We got dropped off at their depot, picked up our equipment, and then headed to the bay. We were dropped off at the taxi lot (which is a bit of a walk to the entrance) and told to meet them back at our designated pick up time.
Once at the entrance, we stood in line for tickets to enter, and then again to enter the mandatory film about the bay. At this point, I had to remind myself to enjoy the beauty around me, as we were picked up at 8:20, and did not actually set foot on the beach until 11am. There is a tram down to the beach, which we took...$2.00 round trip.
Once on the beach, we snorkeled, swam, and sunned, until we had to head back up to meet the transport. I would recommend bringing down your own snacks and water, as there are no snack stands on the beach.
Overall, it was a good experience, but I wish I would have had all the information before we began.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I went on the Hanauma Bay guided snorkelling tour with these guys, and was pretty impressed by their level of service. Well, I must admit that I felt like a fish out of water when I was picked up at my hotel, because everyone else on the tour was Japanese, and the driver was also Japanese. So it was this kinda awkward situation where he would say a lot of stuff in Japanese and then summarise it in one sentence at the end in English. It was pretty much the same when we got to the shop: Japanese, Japanese, Japanese, Japanese, English. BUT when we got to the bay, there were three guides who went along with us, and I basically received personalised attention from one of them (the one who was most comfortable with speaking English). So, while the rest of the Japanese crew were still exploring the shallow waters, she took me out to explore the deeper parts of the bay, pointing things out and telling me about them. I got out of the water early to bake a little in the sun, and when the rest of the crew were coming back, one of the other guides enthusiastically asked if I had spotted the turtle that was in the bay. When she heard that I hadn't, she ran with me back into the water in search of the turtle, even though we were only 10 minutes away from the time we were supposed to leave (fortunately, we found the turtle in less than 5 minutes). Their dedicated service definitely overwrote any of the misgivings I had over the language issue.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our experience with Hawaiian tours was great. Our driver was great, informative and fun, he took us to see extra things because we had the time until our flight and of course he got us to our flight in time. It was such a nice day and it would not have been had we gone with someone else, he made it so much fun. I highly recommend them if you are visiting the islands to do a tour and even an island hop. worth the money.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked the snorkeling adventure at Hanauma Bay for our children. The office called me in the morning and requested to change the pick up time from 9:20A to 8:20A in the same location. I told them I was waking my children and would be there. At 8:10A we were standing at the pick up point outside of the Hyatt. At approximately 8:20 I called the office and asked when the shuttle was coming by. At that time I saw the shuttle and told them it was there then hung up. As I was trying to flag the shuttle it continued on never stopping. In addition another shuttle was two vehicles behind and also did not stop. When I called the office they told me the shuttle had departed. I advised them the shuttles went by and never stopped and we were out there in plenty of time and asked when the bus was coming to pick up my children. They basically refused service and said they would refund. Beware using this service. THEY OBVIOUSLY PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT RESERVATIONS THEY WILL HONOR EVEN AFTER PRE-PAYING. I would advise you contacting your travel agency or advisor to obtain a more honorable firm.

2  Thank Karl K
See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We got to Waikiki in a short 4 days vacation me, my son and my wife, 2 weeks ago and we have found these guys from Hop Tours, or actually they have found me.

The picked up from our Waikiki hotel on our 2-nd day and then we went into a snorkeling tour into the clear waters of the shore. The water is so clear, unbelieavable! Got some interesting pictures with colorful fishes and some turtles swimming around. Our son who's 6 got us a hard time when we was about to leave! He wanted to stay there for hours and hours, us too but it was time to go home.

Then second day, the guys from Hop Tours took us into a scuba diving tour. Neither one of us had no experienced scuba before but these guys from HT are so so friendly instructors! While our son stayed back a the hotel swimming pool with our friends, me and my wife were taking the first scuba diving lessons! Was so exciting! Well, not to brag but I'm not pretty good at scuba, after just a couple of lessons.

Very good experience with Hop Tours Hanauma Bay Snorkeling. Recommended to anyone no matter if you are alone or with the entire family. Saw so many pleople talking about Hop Tours. They seem to be well know in the area.

Not sure if I can share their website here but this is the link: