“Awesome vibe”

$93.19*
and up
Group Surf Lesson: Two Hours Of Beginners Instruction
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing Lessons in Hawaii!!Learn to surf from Hawaii’s best surf instructors, at a secluded surf spot in Waikiki, away from the crowds. The most enjoyable and safest surfing lessons in Hawaii!PRO SURF SCHOOL HAWAII is owned and operated by professional longboard surfing Champion, Kai Sallas. Conveniently located in the Tour Lobby of the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, across the street from the famous Waikiki Beach. We offer Surfing lessons, Surfing Tours, Surfboard Rentals and Stand Up Paddle Boarding lessons in Hawaii to people of all ages and skill levels. Open daily 8am to 5pm. All our instructors are expert, local surfers that are CPR and lifeguard certified.Whether you are a first time surfer ready to catch your first wave or an experienced surfer looking to improve your skills. At PRO SURF SCHOOL HAWAII you are sure to have a SAFE, FUN and REWARDING surfing experience that you’ll never forget! ALOHA,
New York City, New York
“Awesome vibe”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have tried learning how to surf elsewhere and wasn't particulary thrilled about it, but with Kai's school it was great - lots of individually focused advice to each person in our small group, really felt like it was a one on one session. The atmoshpere is really relaxed, friendly and they pick spots that are away from the masses of crowds,so we got the waves to ourselves. I had such a great rush actually being able to surf! Will absolutely go back when im next in Honolulu.

Sydney
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“ChrisGAustralia”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went out with our instructor a bit down from Waikiki to a perfect spot with no other surfers in the water. The instructor Gerald was unreal he took time with everyone and we all got up on our boards even my uncle who has a bad knee!! It was really cool seeing how excited he got off each of us getting up.. The sea floor is a little rocky but you are given shoes to wear and there is no real trouble with getting hurt. Would recommend this company to anyone they are awesome!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thanks Gerald for making Hawaii even more amazing”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you want to learn how to surf and have a great time doing it Kia Sallas is where you need to go. don't waste your time going any place else the staff here is the best.

nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Advanced Surfing lesson”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

OK here's the deal: If you want to learn to surf come here. I am a surfer and felt I needed some pro advice. Went to kai's shop and took an advanced lesson. Waikiki was a little flat but I was able to catch a few waves and got some excellent critique I have used since coming back home. Big Ups to keoki and specifically Jeff who was way cool and totally gave me some tips and helped me hone my skills. There were some nubes (1st timers and newbies) and the guys were ace's with them. Patient, helpful and even took pics for the Facebookers. The day I was there, Kai WON the longboard at Duke's Oceanfest. Kinda says it all. Sorry it took so long to submit this review. I'm still on Hawaii time-LOL!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank 3nytravelers
Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Intro to Surfing!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I highly recommend Kai's pro surf school. I had previously taken one surfing lesson on Maui, originally thinking I would try it once and cross it off my bucket list. I had some success, but wiped out a lot. I decided to give it one more shot with a professional surfer/instructor to see if I could do any better. I picked Kai over dozens of other possible choices because 1) he's a pro who has "been there, done that" 2) from the reviews it sounded like he had a systematic approach to teaching first-time/beginner surfers 3) he appeared to have success with a wide range of students of all ages from kids to middle-aged adults. Since I fall into the latter category, I didn't want to be the only middle-ager, among teen-agers.

The lesson started out in their space at the Marriott. Kai explained safety procedures and paddling techniques and outlined detailed steps to stand up on the board. He then had us each practice on a board. Then we were off to Kai's secluded surf spot. Our group had a total of 3 students, which worked out well. While one person was surfing, one person was on deck and the other was paddling back. Kai was a great instructor and everyone in our group was able to stand up on their boards. Kai's clear instructions and critiques helped me immensely and thanks to him I was able to stand up more than I wiped out. I enjoyed it so much I decided to take a couple more lessons. The second day I was with Geoff who is also a pro and a wonderful teacher. Our group consisted of four people, which made it a lot slower with more time waiting and less time surfing. The lesson left me wanting more time on the waves, so for my final lesson, I opted for a private one. This turned out to be a great decision. With Geoff's expert instruction, I was able to improve exponentially! He also taught me how to find my own waves, techniques for waiting for the wave on my board (and quickly turning around), more efficient paddling, and many other details that built my confidence and will enable me to hit the waves on my own.

I still have a ton to learn, but Kai and Geoff jump-started my learning process. Their love for the sport is contagious; what I thought would be a one-time experience, is an activity I will enjoy for years to come.

Thank you!