“I can SURF!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$93.19*
and up
Group Surf Lesson: Two Hours Of Beginners...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Owned and operated by 2018 ISA WORLD LONGBOARD Champion KAI SALLAS. Learn to surf from Hawaii’s best surf instructors, at a secluded surf spot in Waikiki, away from the crowds.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Thanks so much guys! Kiyoki, Jeff and Thomas were awesome and friendly. They got us up and riding the waves and even tried to get us to do it all on our own... it's definitely easier with them pushing us all day.

Thanks so much!

"awesome experience"
in 6 reviews
"bucket list"

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My 12 year old daughter and I signed up for surf lessons and loved it! The instructors, Kai and Barak, were very patient, knowledgeable and made us feel very comfortable in the water. My daughter caught a wave and stood up on her first try and I caught a wave on my third try. I'm 46, so it took me awhile ;) I highly recommend taking surf lessons from Kai and Barak. You'll love it. We did!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My very first experience learning to surf was about nearly 10 years ago. But on my Hawaii trip this year I definitely wanted to revisit the experience of getting up and surfing a wave. The guys at Kai Sallas Surf school took us to a beach that was not far from the guts of Waikiki. I was totally stoked that our surf break was uncrowded, no chaos and more safety! My instructors were Gerald and Barak, 2 guys that know their stuff and have been surfing since a very young age. I felt more and more confident with their guidance as everytime I did catch a wave they told me what I needed to improve on. These guys were also very chill and made you feel very comfortable out in the water. Im looking forward to continuing learning to surf back at home! So yeah I totally recommend this surf school - you'll feel great once you give it a go! Thanks guys!! Mahalo!! :)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went with my 11 year old daughter, both first time surfers, in a varied group of 9 all first time Surfers aged between 11 and I guess 50+ years old. After a 10 Min session in the shop and a 5 Min drive from the shop we were all in the water. I would say after the 2nd wave everyone had got up and "caught a wave" and spent a great couple of hours in the water. Though I doubt we will be challenging Kai for any World Championships soon we had a brilliant time with the friendly and patient tips from the guys.