White Sands Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
$450
$226
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
$336
$202
$190
  • Beachfront
All reviewshot tubbudget hotelwaikiki beachfront desk stafffood pantrythe international markettwo blocksacross the streetan older hotelcommon areashome away from homecoffee makerper dayrental carshops and restaurantskitchenettehawaii
Reviewed January 26, 2009

From the outside, it loooks like a cheap budget motel, but we were amazed as we walked through the lobby which opens up into a beautiful courtyard, with a smimming pool, jaccuzi, and waterfalls. You feel like you're in some hidden resort in the middle of the jungle. There is also 2 barbeques for the guests to use free of charge. (most hotels don't have any, or charge you per use.)

The rooms were average, but clean and spacious. We've stayed in other hotels in the area, that were half the size, but cost more. The courtyard view is based on availability, and can't be booked in advance, . They assign the rooms as you check in. If you're lucky, you can get a room facing the pool at no extra charge. If you don't get one, don't be disappointed. You will still enjoy your stay, and the staff are awesome.

We ended up getting a room with a city view, but it's only 10 feet to the pool, and the resort is only 5 minutes to the beach. In my opinion, you shouldn't come to Hawaii, and spend your entire day looking at the other guests in the pool, when you're a block from the beach anyway!

Brian and Aaron at the front desk were the best. Both were so friendly, and they helped us so much. They introduced us all the best restaurants and all of the hot spots to go at night.

They also have a great conceirge that can help you book the best luaus and dinner cruises, and they don't try to rip you offf, or upsell you on the higher ticket activities like some do.

The only disadvantage was the parking. They only have 12 stalls, which are always full, but they have alternate parking right across the street for the same price.

Overall, our stay was with a large grocery store just a block out the back gate. We would highly recommend the resort, and plan on staying again next time were were in town.

1  Thank ScottK1973
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Despite the fancy pictures on the corporate website - this property is in dire conditions. The desk staff and folks working there are very nice but that's where the nice stops. We did not know that this property is actually part of a time-share collection. If I paid time-share prices for a week here - I would be pissed off!

The "resort" is old and very run down. The furniture is used to the point of non-functional. There is no elevator, so be prepared to drag your luggage up 2-3 flights of stairs. The carpet in the rooms and halls are just gross.

Will not ever return to this hotel or recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank CaryBerry
Reviewed December 28, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Celebrity Resorts for six nights in June. We were in the market for a Waikiki hotel that was budget-friendly and centrally located. We had also decided that since we were traveling so far, for such a short period of time, we were going to spend as much time out and about as we could - we didn't intend to spend a lot of time in a hotel room. Essentially, we were looking for a decent place to sleep and a safe place to store our things.

We were met at the front desk by Aaron and Joemar. I asked if they had a room on the courtyard side available. Aaron said they had one, but it was a smoking room. He offered to take me to see it before finalizing our transaction. I was afraid it was going to have a stale smoky smell, but much to my surprise, it was fine - no trace of smoke, and truthfully, I don't recall even having seen an ashtray in the room.

We have nothing to complain about our stay there. The front desk staff was friendly, the poolside pancake breakfast was fun, the concierge service was a plus - I can't remember the young lady's name, I want to say it was Kealia - I'm so sorry I can't remember the spelling - but she was so sweet, and so helpful in getting us tickets for a sunset catamaran cruise, and tickets for Pearl Harbor.

They have a small hut where they store pool toys and boogie boards - guests are welcome to take those boogie boards over to Waikiki Beach. On the Sunday we were there, we decided we were going to explore the beaches on the eastern coast, and in Kailua, we bought 2 boogie boards of our own. Since we knew we wouldn't be able to bring them back on the plane, we left them as a thank you to the staff for the awesome time we had there, and also in the hopes that other guests would have as much fun boogie boarding as we did.

We only had a car for 3 days of our trip, parking at the resort was unavailable, but parking garages are nearby, albeit rather expensive, and with time limits. One morning, my boyfriend was up at 5:00 AM in order to move the car to a different location. If you don't need a car, don't get one - public transportation is reliable, efficient and inexpensive.

If you're expecting the Ritz, you're going to be disappointed and I recommend you keep going, but, if you're looking for a safe, clean, reasonably priced place to stay, where the staff greets you by name, please try Celebrity Resorts. We'll definitely consider it again if we're fortunate enough to return.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank indigoforest
Reviewed December 5, 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a family visit in Honolulu, Hawaii.We stayed at the Celebrity resorts Waikiki. We have traveled extensively and have been visiting the Island since 1969. If your tired of the mega roomed hotels that have upscaled the cost and not the experience then this is the place to be. The laid back atmosphere and tropical area around the pool is just what you have been looking for. But most important is the staff. They treat everyone as a person not just a guest. They are the greatest asset of all. Thank you all Marie, Joemar, Brian, And Aarron. With a big HUG and thanks to Judy the manager.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lenwad
Reviewed December 2, 2008

This place was perfect for my family. I stayed in the 1 bedroom with 5 other family members and we fit comfortably. There is 2 bathrooms, 2 patios and 3 beds. The pricing was unreal. Very cheap and yet the staff was very friendly and the resort was well kept and clean. We were right next to everything that Waikiki has to offer and 2 blocks from the beach. I would definitely recommend this place to any of my friends.

My only complaint would be there is no elevator but there is only 3 floors and we stayed on the 2nd.

• Stayed: November 2008