“5 Star Friendliness, location, value, but....”
Review of White Sands Hotel

White Sands Hotel
Ranked #70 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The locations was great. At an easy pace we were on the beach in less than 10 minutes. The room was about half the cost the other hotels near the beach. We rented a one bedroom room with a small kitchen. The room was clean, but very old. So don't expect to have modern furniture- it is well used. The TV's are nice. Overall I'd stay there again if I didn't to pay the $300 plus a night at other hotels near the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Aloha Explorer 1421,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We at Aqua White Sands Hotel greatly value your feedback.

The situation about your lanai door lock was brought to the maintenance manager’s attention, and corrective measure has been taken.

I am glad to hear that you complimented on our friendly, helpful staff, and I will pass the message to them and acknowledge their efforts. You also mentioned our property has a great location and TV is nice.

Your comments are very important to us and we will be used to improve our service. If you plan your next trip to the paradise, please feel free to contact me.

Fond Mahalo

Aqua White Sands Hotel

There are newer reviews for White Sands Hotel

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at White sands hotel, and it was really good. We didn't have high expectations as it was pretty cheap compared to other hotels in that area. But our stay was perfect, it wasn't fancy or anything, but it had everything we needed, and the staff was very helpfull and friendly. If we needed anything Christianne from the front desk was very helpfull and always with a smile on her face - she was great!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Linhoj

Aloha Linhoj,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review on Tripadvisor. We greatly value your feedback. It is always helpful to have this kind of feedback so that we continue to strive to improve the quality of your stay at our property.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you complimented on Christieann who is helpful, friendly and always has a smiling face. I will pass this message to her and knowledge her efforts.

When you plan on your next Hawaii vacation, please feel free to contact me. Again, thank you for choosing Aqua 'white Sands for your hospitality needs.

Fond Mahalo
Aqua White Sands Hotel

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Consistently clean, friendly and well located in Waikiki. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub. No restaurant, but close to many good places to eat. I recommend. Check in early if you need a parking spot as they are limited.

2  Thank Born2travel2
islandcolonyaqua, Hotel Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Aloha Linhoj,

WOW! You stayed with us 3 times. Mahalo for always choosing the Aqua White Sands Hotel to serve your hospitality needs.

Thank you for spending your time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very important to us and will be used to improve our service. It was a pleasure having you as our guests. I certainly hope you enjoyed all the recommendations and had many pleasurable memories while you were here.

On behalf of the Aqua White Sands team, we truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit

Mahalo Nui Loa

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'd like to thank the staff of White Sands Hotel for making my with my son a comfortable and fun one. The hotel is situated right in the heart of Waikiki. Walking distance 5-10 minute walk to the beach area. My son and I enjoy going to different breakfast place around the area....there's McDonald's and Denny's. Now if you plan on bringing a large suitcase, I suggest that you get the ground or first floor. The hotel doesn't have an elevator but the staff will definitely help you in bringing your pieces of luggage to your room. The hotel also has a nice pool that they clean everyday. My son enjoyed the pool so much that he didn't care about beach anymore. There's no Internet in the rooms. They are at poolside or lobby.

Room Tip: There's no restaurant or fitness center in the hotel. The rooms are old but they sure are very c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank krizstee72
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Aloha krizstee72,
We at the White Sands thank you for staying with us & posting your thoughts! It sounds like it was a nice holiday - and a perfect place - for you and your son, and I hope you come back to repeat the experience many more times.
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at White Sands Hotel. The employees are very friendly and the place is neat and quiet. Thank you Christine for your great hospitality during our stay. It is worth every penny. It has all the equipment required for cooking your food as well, if you want to cook. I recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable stay within a reasonable price, this is your best bet. Hope this review helps you.

Thanks,
Siva

2  Thank Siva Y

Aloha Siva Y,
Mahalo nui for taking the time to post a review of our little corner of Waikīkī! I am so proud you enjoyed your stay and that you gave a 'shout-out' to Cristina! Everyone here at the property look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!
Me Ka Hau'oli,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

So the staff are friendly and helpful. Location of the hotel is good - 2 minutes walk to shops, supermarket etc, 5-10 minutes walk to the beachfront, and the hotel is down a nice quiet street. I was upgraded to a pool view room, on the 2nd floor, near the corner, which was very very nice and peaceful. No lift though - thank god for the nice staff member who carried my heavy bags!! Room was a nice size, with good shower and bathroom. Kitchenette had everything you needed, and lounge area comfortable. ‘Dining’ table was a laugh - is it meant for children to eat on - the table was right near the floor?! Coin operated laundry was good. Pool was nice to have, and clean. Now for the big 2 negatives... 1: Cleaning staff - absolutely rubbish, one girl in particular. Everything wasn’t cleaned properly, which can be ok during my stay, but when I found snack wrappers in the bedside table drawer 3 days into my stay that weren’t mine, I was not happy! 2: Wifi - it wasn’t free supposedly, but I never paid, which is good. However it was just so bad, even when I was sat right by the rooter in reception! I know we are in Hawaii, but it is 2013!! The negatives aside though, I would probably stay here again, as was cheaper than many places in Hawaii, which is not cheap at all!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank sarah14387
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Aloha sarah14387,
Mahalo for you thoughts on the White Sands! I am very happy to hear that you would stay with us again because of our value, location and staff. However, I am saddened about your experience with our Housekeeping staff. Your experience that you outlined is truly a negative and our entire staff has been read your comments so that it will not happen again. We are refurbishing all of the rooms throughout the year and are currently looking to upgrade our wifi capabilities. (Our property didn't have wifi or in-room phones a year ago...so we are trying to work on things.) We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!
Me Ka Hau'oli,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very average place that's a little run down. Good staff who are very helpful. Had been told that there was a hot tub here, but its been closed because of federal regulations. Is this a Hawaii thing as other hotels I've stayed at have hot tubs. The internet fee makes this place not that cheap.

Noisy hotel or at least where we were located was. Didn't get sleep some nights.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the garage. Very Very noisy.
1  Thank billy c

Aloha billy c,
Thank you for posting your review! I apologize for the hot tub situation. We are also saddened that we had to take it out of operation as it was a lovely addition to our property. I apologize that your room was noisy...I do not know why andI am surprised by this as our property is usually very quiet, compared to the bustling urban neighborhood surrounding us. All of us here hope to see you again one day so that you can experience more of the changes we are currently making so that we may improve on 'average.'
Me Ka Ha'aha'a,