“Perfect and Cheap”

Ranked #70 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Prince Edward Island
“Perfect and Cheap”
Reviewed March 2, 2008

If you are looking for inexpensive apartment-style accommodation with full kitchen facilities, this is a great option, just 2 short blocks from the infamous Waikiki beach. While there were certainly no celebrities staying at THIS hotel, we got a nice, very clean one bedroom apartment in this rather oddly named hotel for $119 per night. Very friendly, excellent tourist advisor on site, they even let you take their boards and inflatable pool toys down to the beach!

• Liked — Friendliness and good value
  • Disliked — No bar or restaurant at pool area, no elevator to upper floors
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank tmwli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2008

I booked this hotel through Hotwire thinking that I was getting a different hotel. Hotwire has been inaccurate with 2 of my recent bookings. When referring to Tripadvisor ratings, which they do for some of their listings, they'll be off (by up to a month) as to when the last review was posted or how many points the listing has on Tripadvisor.

Anyway, I was worried about this booking because the last review that had been posted at that time indicated a horrible stay. Lots of great reviews though, so in my review I'll just focus on what stood out to me. The hotel has a 2 1/2 star rating I believe, and I'd say this is fairly accurate. If the AC in the room wasn't running there was a mildewy smell. The AC was a little noisy so I had to sleep with earplugs every night but I am a sensitive sleeper.

The room was spacious enough, had a nice little kitchenette, and we did get a room with a lanai overlooking the pool as I had requested. The staff were quite nice, and Aaron (sp?) at the front desk was exceptional. He was nice and funny, always in a great mood.

I always read through all of the reviews on Tripadvisor before going to a hotel and I was disappointed that they no longer have Monday night hula dancing as some other reviewers had referred to. I asked about it at the front desk and the staff member said they had stopped the show months ago. They did still have Thursday morning pancakes but no pizza/cheescake on Thursday nights.

Even though I booked this on Hotwire I later found other listings that were rated with more stars and were available for less money. I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again, but I enjoyed my stay.

If you like to do a lot of active and touristy things on your vacation I highly recommend purchasing the Go Oahu card (Google it) ahead of time. I bought a 5 day pass (we were there for a total of 7 days) and not only did we save a ton of money, but we got some great ideas for things to do.

• Liked — The peaceful tropical area by the pool.
  • Disliked — mildewy smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nhsuzanne
Martinsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 13, 2008

This is a late review - didn't realize I hadn't left one before this. We spent approximately a week at Celebrity Resorts in the fall of 06 while visiting our son who was stationed at one of the military bases on Oahu. What a wonderful, relaxing time! The staff at CR was exceptional, very helpful and friendly. We had 2 different rooms, first a 2 person suite, then a suite w/sofabed when our son stayed with us. Both were more than adequate and clean. The showers are VERY small. Rooms are also tight but that's what you get when real estate is as pricey as it is in Wakiki. Every inch counts. We didn't go all the way to Hawaii to stay in our room anyway. CR is conveniently located. We usually walked wherever we were going, even to the zoo, as we enjoy hikes and the weather was perfect. We did take the bus a couple of times, over to Chinatown and up to the base. The base connections weren't the best but it was way cheaper than a taxi. We made breakfast in our room with groceries from the store down the street ($4 for a loaf of bread!). The pool area is very nice; Hawaiian music in that area is a plus, adding to the tropical mood along with the waterfall. Had a note in our room that Lost would be filming there one day during our stay and to please keep towels off the balcony for that. The next day, their schedule changed so it didn't happen. Bummer! Staff is top shelf. Not one grumpy word was heard the whole week. Do yourself a favor and don't rent a car though - the parking is so tight it looks painful and is also very limited. It's just not worth it.

• Liked — Easy access to beach, shops, restaurants, sites
  • Disliked — Shower size
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank roadtripPA
Olympic Peninsula, WA
Reviewed February 1, 2008

As a solo traveler I arrived on a late flight and was given a very nice unit on the third floor overlooking the garden and waterfall.
I had two nights here, before moving onto another property, and wished my whole stay was here after the experience!
I awoke to birds singing, and the sound of the waterfall, not of garbage trucks in the concrete jungle of Waikiki. It was so relaxing and enjoyable to start the morning with morning doves and songbirds. The hotel provides coffee in the morning around the pool, and everyone was congenial, and staff helpful.
The unit itself was quiet, no real traffic noise, and being a small place I thought I would hear the neighbors. The walls are concrete and solid and provided a perfect sleep.
Everything was provided for in the the little kitchenette, and the towels were nice and fluffy.
The beach was a five minute walk straight through the fun International Market Place and I spent most of my days on the beach. In the late afternoon a nap on the lounger at the pool was perfect, falling asleep to gentle Hawaiian contemporary music.
People were playing cards, sharing stories and engrossed in books around the pool in the last rays of the day.
The sun does not filter in until midmorning to this property, so start your day with a brisk walk in the sun.
Great water pressure in the shower, and completely clean throughout. This is a great little hotel for the money... and save by booking at their website.

• Liked — Felt like a Haven in the concrete jungle
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
7 Thank starrigaven
wollongong
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We were surprised that the hotel was so good. The room was spacious (not the cheapest room though) and clean. The kitchen and bathroom were in very good condition. We enjoyed being in a small hotel where we didn't have to go up and down lifts all the time, and where the staff were friendly and very helpful. Loved being able to walk out of the room and have breakfast sitting around the pool with a great cup of coffee provided. It was only five minutes to the beach through the International Markets (which did slow us down because we kept looking) and the bus stop was around the corner. Hint: catch the bus everywhere for $2 and don't waste your time and money on tours.

• Liked — We felt very comfortable with the room, facilities and staff
  • Disliked — Pool didn't open until 9.00 am. I would have liked to have had a quiet swim before breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank nues
Yukon, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We spent a week at the Celebrity Resorts this Christmas. I had read the reviews and was pleased that they were accurate (the positive ones) We're a family of 5 (two teenage boys and a 9 year old girl) the only challenge was when we first arrived (very late at night) there was no cot available for us. We made due by putting the couch cushions on the floor at night and creating a comfortable bed for our 13 year old. For the price it was worth it! As other reviews noted, the place was clean, spacious, location convenient and service fantastic and friendly. Our daughter loved the pool and meeting other kids. We didn't bother with a rental car as everything was accessible on foot or by bus. I have already recommended this resort to friends.

• Liked — price, staff
  • Disliked — older furniture
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank shulin
Hendersonville, NC
Reviewed January 18, 2008

If you don't like huge hotels, or want to save some money this IS the place. We called and made sure to reserve a room facing the pool, and got one. The staff was helpful, the rooms adequate, no smells or problems. The only suggestion I would make is to plan on making use of the kitchenette. It has everything you need, and there is a store just a block or so away. Also there are grills around the pool area that might as well be used.

• Liked — I like the jungle-like vegetation that was planted among the pool scene.
  • Disliked — I like the location and courtyard small feel