“2 visits in 1 week” 4 of 5 stars

Marukame Udon Waikiki
Ranked #25 of 2,218 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“2 visits in 1 week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The udon was the star and it was really good. However, the tempura was fair and everything else seem to be salty. I recommand the kamaage udon (no soup and u dip it in a sauce) and add beef to it.

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
“Best udon in Honolulu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Is not our first time eating at this place, we been here on our previous trips...but this time....Well, we walked by everyday since the lines are always long, the last day in 3 PM afternoon of our trip, we made it!! There's no line!!! Hot and yummy food with no wait in line, how wonderful is that!!
Other posted the menu already in this restaurant review and they are not changed much. Just be here in the mid afternoon or even you waiting in line, still the best value of the meal that you will be happy with. Two udon bowls with 2 sides that we have for two people... $14.50!! Cheaper then the food court!! Won't complete my trip without eating here at least once! Worth it. Will come back again next time in town.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“It's Worth The Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

2 years ago, when I was in Waikiki, I saw this restaurant with a very short line so I didn't bother to try it.

Last week, I was in Waikiki and see how long the line is, I was curious and wanted to try. Many of my friends also told me that this restaurant is worth a try. I did try and not just once but twice. The udon is very good. I got the beef one (niku) and it is very tasty. The price is very reasonable. The first time I try, I waited in line for 25 minutes. The 2nd time I try, I waited in line for 50 minutes, but it's worth the wait.

I would highly recommended this restaurant if you are into udon.

• Visited August 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Worth waiting in line for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went 15 mins before it's opening time of 11:00 am, and there was already a long lineup. It moved quickly when the doors opened though. Broth was clear and tasty, and ingredients were fresh (udon, tempura). Best of all, it wasn't pricey - excellent value for money. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Great Noodles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am not a fan of Japanese food, but I decided to try this place based on the reviews. I am glad I did this is the first time in my life I loved Japanese Food. Excellent Noodles at a great price. I would give this 5 stars except for the waiting time which is around 20 minutes. But hey, if you are on vacation, just chill out and wait in line since it is definitely worth the wait and the line moves pretty fast. Unfortunately I think there is always a line since I tried different times and always had to wait for about 20 minutes. So if you see a long line just wait since it moves fast.

• Visited August 2013