“Excellent udon & tempura at a reasonable price.”

Marukame Udon Waikiki
Ranked #14 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Served cafeteria style - first choose your udon then you can choose as much or as little tempura (shrimp, fish, vegetables) as you like. Fast, delicious, fresh & affordable!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

You will always find a line out the door for this fresh Ramen noodle restaurant. It's worth the wait, but would advise going right before it opens for lunch. Must try cold noodles - they are so refreshing with a nice little bite and chewiness to it! My kids liked it so much, that they wanted to come back the next day for more.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family liked this place so much we went back another day. The udon is the main item and you select the sides to go with it. You can have the udon: in the normal hot broth, cold to use in a dipping sauce, covered with curry, or in a hot broth with what looks to be soy sauce. Check out my pix of the udon menu. This is as of June 11, 2013.

My 12 year old son tried to eat with his eyes and ended up selecting 7 pieces of tempura so he stuffed himself silly and the rest of us had to help him. I think two or three pieces of termpura or sushi is enough for one person. The place is a little hot so as much as I liked the udon broth, I couldn't enjoy it too much because I was sweating in there.

The line is long but does move fast as everyone says. If the line is doubling back, I suggest walking around Waikiki and come back to check the line to see if it's shorter only if you are not here during prime lunch or dinner time. We've seen the line vary in length greatly during non-peak hours.

1  Thank PTO-Guy
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Drove by this place at 9pm and saw a long line in front. Anytime you see a long line in front of a restaurant it's got to be good, right?
Came here on a Monday around 2pm. There were about 10 people in front of us in line. Within 10 minutes we were in.
You can see them making the udon and cooking it in a front window. Already got me! Fresh? Did I say hand made too?
Anyways, you continue in line picking out what kind
of udon you want - based on soup base, with sauce or without, with soft egg or not, curry or plain. Next choice is regular or large size. It's only a $1 difference.
As you continue in line, there are various choices to add to the udon- tempura shrimp, tempura vegetables. They even have spam musubi. Drinks are only $1.25 at 16oz.
Great place to eat! Come out full and content. Then you go to the beach and 'veg' out!

1  Thank ljc5855
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very quality meal! Delicious and affordable. Im thinking them again... Ahh they are like the noodles made from Japan! Nice experience. The staffs were really nice and overall experience is 100%. Even though the line was bit long, but it was worth to wait. I went there 5 times in a week.