“Just go!”

Ranked #14 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ate here twice in a week. Inexpensive, casual, yummy and authentic. What more can you ask for! I wasn't particularly hungry on the second visit so skipped the udon and just had rice balls and veggie tempura (kara-age) which there were none left on the server so I asked and they made a fresh batch and delivered to my table with a smile. Don't forget to pick up some tempura dipping sauce available in a container right after you pay. Will definitely return and recommend.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Love the curry udon. This place is the bomb and really worth the wait. Cash only though and cafeteria style. There's always something for everyone and prices are very affordable for Waikiki.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I liked my lunch at this place so much (Kaamage noodles) that I had to come back for dinner and have the same exact thing, I kid you not. Fresh noodles (you see them being made as you walk in) are delicious as is the dipping sauce (I have no idea what's in it; I'm a vegetarian and suspect there is some kind of fish sauce involved but I did not want to ask since I enjoyed it so much!). Tempura looked amazing, but is very hit or miss for me (I did like the mixed vegetable tempura as well as the potato croquette). Mushroom tempura, sweet potato tempura, and inari were not the best. The noodles are really the stars here.

There's always a wait. They open at 11am and by 10:30am, people are queuing up. Both times, I waited for about half and hour. Worth it. It's cafeteria style, so you need to take a tray and then bring it back after you're done. And it's probably not a place to linger, but overall a fantastic meal for a great price ($8-9 got me noodles, 3 tempura/side pieces, and a soda).

Reviewed March 4, 2013

By far the best Udon in Waikiki! Typical Japanese diner style restaurant with great value for excellent food. You will spend some time waiting in a line up - but the Udon is well worth the wait..

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Followed the advice of TA to eat here as a change of pace from expensive burgers in Waikiki. On a Sat nite waited in line about 20 min. Loved the chewy noodles (I wore some of it on my shirt). Tempura was tasty if a bit cold. Can't beat the price! No bathrooms.