“Tasty food and great prices!”

Marukame Udon Waikiki
Ranked #13 of 2,389 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food and great prices!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed across the street at the Aqua Waikiki Wave. Every day we wanted to try this restaurant but were put off by the very long line ups. Finally on our last day, we were able to have lunch there before our flight.
OMG, the food was amazing! We had the curry Udon. The portion was large but we finished it without a problem, lol. We also had vegetable, shrimp and chicken tempura which was delicious and not greasy.
We wished we could eat there again.

1 Thank sunandsandgal

• Turkish first
Roswell, GA
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Oh my goodness!!! My first ever noodle house!! I had the Bukake Udon and Gary had the Niku (Beef) Udon, plus we grabbed a tempura shrimp for each of us, tempura veggies and I also had a slice of tempura sweet potato that was so delicious!! It was not the orange flesh sweet potato that I am used to, but I thought this type tasted even better!!! The servings of regular size Udon were huge and I only made it through about half of mine, plus the shrimp and sweet potato and some of the tempura veggies. We have already decided that we are going to go back again for dinner on our final night. You just can't find this kind of place in Atlanta!!!
It was so much fun watching them make these noodles fresh and then boil them and prepare them!! This was truly a treat!!! This was one of those rare meals I walked away from feeling like I had a healthy and nutritious meal without excess calories.
You really gotta' go give this place a try!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
“Don't be put off by the queues.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were put off by the queues we walked past a couple of times, I wish we hadn't. On the third occassion we joined the line and it was well worth the wait. Great tasting udon noodle soup and tempura, excellent value. Dont miss this place.
My only regret was we couldn't go back again.

Visited September 2012
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Super Fresh & Tasty”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ah-mazing noodles. The zaru udon dipping sauce is perfect, the tempura isn't too greasy, and I can't stress enough how fantastic it is that they have onigiri as a side dish!

Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing hand made Udon”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

See the chef at work. Making the freshest, most amazing Udon I've EVER tasted. I think the regular size is plenty big. Save room and money for the side dish add-ons. ie. shrimp tempura, fried sweet potatoes.

1 Thank StopherBanzai