“ummm, good!”

Ailana Shave Ice & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Description: Ailana Shave Ice & Cafe serves American breakfast from early morning (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM) and shaved ice until late afternoon (10:00 AM - 5:30 PM). Breakfast includes pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelette, and chicken rice omelet. The menu also includes acai bowl and green tea waffle which are offered all day. Healthy, tasty, and beautifully prepared. Shaved ice is heavenly with many of the syrups made in house from real fruits. Everything served at Ailana Shaved Ice & Cafe is unique and delicious.
northern California
“ummm, good!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

After reading about places to get shave ice in Honolulu, we decided to try this one. Right across from Ala Moana-easy to get to if you are not familiar with the area. We had the tropical trio and the peanut butter (large sizes) . Both delicious; plenty of syrup and plenty of ice cream. Their syrup is not too sweet, which is fine for me...it is sweet but not the kind that hurts :)
We are also now converts to eating shave ice in a bowl or a dish...no more drippy "cones" for us. Thank you Ailana Shave Ice! Hope we can return one day.

• Visited October 2013

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Average Shave Ice”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visited 3 shave ice locations during week. The quantity of the shave ice was smaller than the other two stores we visited and Ailana was stingy on both the syrup and the ice cream. The syrup was good--strawberry creme, but after eating off the outer layer, the lower ice had no syrup. The ice cream was not more than a tablespoon. This was simply not the best.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Tasty”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I highly recommend trying the rainbow option! It allows you to try every flavour and yet the flavours not overlap...super tasty.

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Best out of the 6 places we tried”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was on a mission to try 1 different shave ice place per day on my week long vacation in Oahu. I got to try 6 different places this trip and was very happy with my first encounter which was at the Ailana Shave Ice. My husband and I had the large tropical trio and my 4 and 8 yr old had the Keiki and small sized rainbow flavors. My large bowl was a gigantic pile of shave ice with such tasty flavors of papaya, mango, coconut topped with condensed milk all over ice cream. I was in heaven after tasting it. My kids' "small" sized bowls came out to be huge too but they gobbled it all up. I was just so disappointed I did not get a chance to return here before we left Hawaii. The only thing about this place was it closes at 5:30pm and it was a little hard to find. We were unsuccessful the first time we tried. We were able to find it at our second attempt and we got there at 5:15pm without knowing they closed so early. So get there early and you will not be disappointed!! Definitely coming back here at least a couple times next time around.

• Visited August 2013
Seattle
“I Have A New Favorite Shave Ice Place!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went here on the recommendation of a local friend and I was not disappointed. We ordered the fresh fruit syrups and it was the best! We tried the Haipua, Mango, Cran/raspberry and Strawberry Milk. all of it was great. My favorite is the Cran/Raspberry; sweet and refreshing.

Visited July 2013