My adult family of six occupied three rooms at the Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai last week and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Shell Vacations staff in Suite 212 were pleasant and efficient, The well-appointed rooms were large and clean--pretty much as depicted in the photos on the resort's website The property's location was excellent--close enough to be within comfortable walking distance to all Waikiki-area activities but far enough so that you do not have the crush of people outside your hotel.
I noticed that stops for the city bus, Waikiki Trolley and tour buses were conveniently located in front of the hotel. Also, the Hilton Hawaiian Village lagoon is very accessible by foot, as are the Village's shops and restaurants. The Friday night fireworks at the Hilton were only a two-minute walk away.
We chose to take rooms on a higher floor (21st floor) with a view of the city rather than partial ocean view rooms on a lower floor (3rd floor), which unfortunately, also provided a view of the roof of what I think was the hotel's bar and grill.
We had a minivan so parking was an extra USD28 per day, which turned out to be a competitive rate. Valet parking only but with unlimited in and out. The valet staff was efficient and I never had to wait more than two minutes for my car.
The fact that the Ilikai is a 50-year old property was an initial cause of concern when I booked our stay. It turned out not to be a problem as the property has been well-maintained and its age has become part of its charm. The rooms have been renovated and the appliances, while not state-of-the-art, are of recent vintage. I was reading a post which suggested a TV upgrade. No problem with our TVs, which were sleek flat-screen models (not that we watched a lot of TV).
I would not hesitate to stay again at the Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai on a future trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your own paradise at the highly rated Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai, which provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you'll find spacious and beautifully appointed 500 sq ft City View studio suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, private furnished balconies, a swimming pool, day spa, onsite restaurants, 24/7 fitness center, various shops and most importantly NO RESORT FEES. Impeccable service and warm island hospitality is provided at the second floor registration office for Shell Vacations. Fronting the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the eco-concious vacation ownership resort is adjacent to award-winning Duke Kahanamoku lagoon and beach park. An easy stroll to Waikiki Beach where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. Stay here for all the comforts of home and realize a better way to vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort At The Ilikai Hawaii/Honolulu