“Beautiful timeshare resort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful timeshare resort”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is my first time to exchange my Canadian timeshare for a Waikiki lodging in Hawaii on the following dates from April 27 to May 4. 2013. The hotel itself is clean & beautiful and conveniently located and a pick up point for many excursions. The hotel is within walking distances to the beach, restaurants and shops and the Ala Moana Shopping mall. No problem with checking in and checking out. The Staff were friendly at the timeshare counter located on the 2nd floor suite 212. I was given a unit on the 20th floor.during our one week stay, The studio unit came with a kitchen which was nice & handy to have.The unit was clean.and have a beautiful view of the city from the balcony. My 22 year old son loved to sit there and enjoy the view when were at the hotel while me & my husband enjoyed our evening relaxation at the terrace garden located at the back o f the hotel. Our overall experience was wonderful and enjoyable. Customer service was good. As a suggestion, check out time should be extended to 1200 noon. Other than that, we enjoyed out time there and definitely would like to go back there again for our next vacation in Hawaii.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor suite for a good view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tessie536

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Exactly as described on booking, we had 2 X one bedroom apartments. Well located - about 10 minutes' walk to Ala Moana and 20 minutes' walk to downtown Waikiki. Or buses to everywhere stop at the door. Clean, spacious, well-equipped with very friendly and helpful staff. I'd recommend this for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WestyTweedValley
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Reviewed May 15, 2013

First and foremost, I booked my hotel online, best thing I ever did. Once I confirmed my stay I called the Waikiki Marina Resort and spoke to an outstanding employee. Being me I wanted to talk to a real person to get more information. With that said, her name was Fawm, she answered every question and assisted me in finding the best room and making my stay the best ever.
My room had two double beds, a pull out sofa and best of all has a complete kitchen. Kitchen included everything from plates, microwave, stove, pots, pans, etc...
In addition, the location was also in the right area to include the Ala Moana Mall, Wal Mart and of course Waikiki.
This place was outstanding. Especially the staff.

Room Tip: Close to mall and Hawaii Convention Center.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 670671
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Really enjoyed our 4 night stay here, rooms a little dated as the hotel has been here a long time. More than made up for by the location, size of the rooms, ours was a mini suite and lovely and roomy. Large balcony with partial sea views which were stunning even though we were on a lower floor. Opposite the Hilton with its amazing lagoon, alongside the marina, and a couple of minutes to the beach, what more could you want and if it is shopping you are after the Ala Moana Centre is less than 10 minutes walk away.

The staff were very, very helpful, laundry on every floor, very little not to like, we would definitely stay here again, gave us a late checkout on the day we were leaving as well

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pam255112
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I loved our 7 night stay here. The rooms were clean, comfortable, quiet, and large. There was also a spacious balcony with a beautiful view of the city. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. This was in a great location, close to the beach. (At the top floor of the building, there's an upscale restaurant which has the most amazing view I've ever seen. We were there at sunset.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cathy L
Swansea, South Wales.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a great stay at the resort, we were met by friendly reception staff. We were given a room on 3rd floor with a poor view but we got moved the next morning to a tenth floor room with a great view.
Kendra in reception was wonderful, really helpful every time I visited.
The rooms are clean tidy and have pretty much everything you need.
The balconies are also nice with plenty of furniture.
The swimming pool is clean and nice and warm.
The only negative I can say was that I was approached by the young pool attendant telling me I could not reserve sunbeds.
Fair enough a good rule which I adhered to through my stay, I wish all hotels had the same rule.
He didn't seem to apply the same rule to all guests.
Rules should apply to everybody.
That's only a small gripe we had a great holiday and really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jbw431
ElCajon
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I used my time share here from April 21 - 28, 20013. The location is ideal at the west end of Waikiki. Easy walk to the beach. If you have a car there is valet service only (daily charge) which turned out to actually be very easy and convenient. The ammenities were nice and the studio which slept four was large and clean. The balcony was large containing a table, two chairs and lounge. The kitchen had all necessary appliances and utensils. The building is beautiful with a glass elevator to the top where an Italian restuarant has a wonder view. The food at the grill was good. Check in was confusing at first because you had to go to the second floor for the resort. The front desk directed to the appropriate room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends