In October we recently stayed at the resort for 6 nights. I did a lot of research before booking the resort. What a brilliant location, excellent value for money,stunning room and superb, extremely helpful and friendly service by the staff. We were allocated a room on the ninth floor overlooking the Marina and Ocean with stunning views both through the day and night. Room was beautifully presented with super comfortable beds. Us Aussies like a good shower and this was excellent as were all the furnishings and everything you need including a fully equiped kitchen. Loved turning on the televeision and going straight to the programming channel as you could listen to wonderful Hawaiian music. Could not fault anything. It was also super clean, very spacious and extremly well presented room with a large verandah to sit out and have breakfast and enjoy the sights.I wish I could have stayed 6 months instead of 6 nights. There is also an excellent coin laundry for a cheap clothes wash on every floor.With a gym on the ground floor plus an outdoor pool.Also a spa and massage service downstairs (forget the massage go somewhere else, it is not a part of the resort). However you are only about 12 mins walk to the action of Waikiki either by street or the pathway along the beach front. A great lagoon is also available near the resort and is brilliant for kids. Also downstairs is a great little place for tea and coffee...and they have English Breakfast tea..YAY!!! and the coffeeeaccording to my friend was excellent from the local plantation. Also an abundance of reasonally priced restaurants are available and the resort gives you a welcome book that includes lots of discounts on eateries etc.Give you a helpful travel tip for Waikiki...staying in this location meant you dont have to line up for dinner at the local restaurants nearby which you have to do nearly every night in central Waikiki. If you are like me waiting sometimes up to 45 minutes for a table is not compatable with my eagerness to eat. Would I stay at the Resort again when I return? a huge YES. If you are over 30 this location is absolutely perfect...many thanks to everyone at Waikiki Marina Resort for making our stay so very very special and totally perfect...all your assistance was greatly appreciated.Now saving up to return to the Waikiki Marina Resort.
P.S another bonus with our room is just around sunset, which are spectacular, make sure you are on the balcony to witness something special that occurs each day on the deck facing the Marina. If your room doesnt face the marina go downstairs to experience and take your camera. For first timers to Hawaii I thought it was wonderful to witness the tradition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your own paradise at the highly rated Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai, which provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you'll find spacious and beautifully appointed 500 sq ft City View studio suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, private furnished balconies, a swimming pool, day spa, onsite restaurants, 24/7 fitness center, various shops and most importantly NO RESORT FEES. Impeccable service and warm island hospitality is provided at the second floor registration office for Shell Vacations. Fronting the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the eco-concious vacation ownership resort is adjacent to award-winning Duke Kahanamoku lagoon and beach park. An easy stroll to Waikiki Beach where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. Stay here for all the comforts of home and realize a better way to vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort At The Ilikai Hawaii/Honolulu