“Awesome experience all around!”

Three Friends Stand Up Paddle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Lessons and Tours. Learn to SUP in a laid-back environment. Lots of individual attention. Explore the coast line doing an easy down-wind run. Enjoy the beautiful ocean, get a little exercise and have lots of fun! Private lessons only. Owner-operated.
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This was a totally awesome experience for me. I had no idea how the experience would be since I just contacted Three Friends via the web page without any recommendation. I can honestly state that it was an awesome experience right down to the nice surprise at the end of the session! I give this experience an outstanding and the highest recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Three Friends Stand Up Paddle Adventures

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I chose the Kahana Bay/River trip. It was a little further from Waikiki, and it was a little more expensive, but well worth the time and money. We SUP'd down an inlet with trees on both sides, and views of the mountains. The waters were calm here, so learning balance was easier. We made our way back to the bay, and managed to ride some waves in towards the beach again.

Vanya and her two friends, Ron and Raylani (sp?) were great. They gave us some instructions, tips, and explained the equipment to us. Throughout the whole trip, all were giving great pointers, and always shouting encouragement. The trip was very low key and relaxing. At the end, we even got a DVD of the pics and video shot during the trip. When I come back to Waikiki, this will be on my list of "to-do's" again.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I emailed Vanya a couple of months before my trip to Honolulu and explained I was coming in on a cruise ship only for that day. She made it so easy to meet up with her when we docked. It was a very windy day which made it all the harder to stay upright but Vanya was an excellent instructor and made it easy to stand up and paddle. I've already booked with her for next year. It was great day!
Thanks Vanya!
Carol

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had so much fun learning to Stand Up Paddle with Vanya! We had booked a few months out and mentioned to her that the day of our lesson would be our actual wedding anniversary. When she met us at Ala Moana beach that day she remembered and gave us each a hug and congratulated us!
Off to the water we went - and what a blast we had! Vanya was patient and watchful with us, making sure we didn't stray too close to the reef or the rocks. She was understanding when we took our time wanting to stand up and when we fell off into the water...(Me 3 times and hubby 4 - I win!) she made sure we were ok....(pride and swallowed salt water were the only hurts on our part). Both of us were standing and balancing and paddling in a very short time and it was so much fun! The individual attention she offers is so helpful and she also took pictures of us and had a video going during our lesson. I can see why it's popular and can't wait to do it again on our next trip to Oahu. Vanya is a great teacher, listener, and all around wonderful friendly person and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to try this. Mahalo Vanya!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I recently took a solo trip to Oahu this October, I found Three Friends Stand Up Paddle Adventures through extensive research. I have recently lost 100+ pounds and wanted to try something I would have never been able to do, and SUP came to mind. Vanya was on board from the very beginning to help me achieve this goal! From the moment I met and hugged Vanya I knew I would have the best day ever! It was so much fun, I learned so much about myself and what I could look forward to when more weight was shed. I might not have stood up just yet but I was just proud of myself for getting on the board and only falling once! Three Friends is the place to go for the most thrilling experience at SUPing! Thank you Vanya, I will treasure the experience and look forward to seeing you again! I am blessed to have met you and now have a permanent friend in Honolulu!!

Tarah Hayes