“Decent Greek Food on the Island”
Review of Fat Greek Waikiki - CLOSED

Fat Greek Waikiki
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just a quick review to say I am thankful there is one place on Oahu that does good, solid, Greek. It was not the best Greek salad I have ever had, but the I did enjoy the fried calamari on top! The calamari was great! My boyfriend had the special lamb and beef burger, which he said was very tasty. It came with feta on top and was a good size. The garlic fries rocked because they were crispy and not mushy at all like some place on the island. The only thing missing was some pita for the table would have been great, but their apps like humus were a bit pricey I thought. However, their sides like olives, extra feta or extra pita were reasonably priced. My salad was $10.00, and it was huge. There was a bit too much dressing for my taste, but I was still happy just have a decent Greek salad after six months of living here. Most of the prices were decent for the salads and entrees. We went to the Waikiki location on a Sat., and there was a lovely breeze so the place was nice and cool. They have other locations, but not any on the Leeward side yet. I am hoping Kapolei is their next stop. They recently opened a place in Kailua. I will definitely go back in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just went to the Fat Greek at their new Kailua location in Enchanted Lake with my family. It was awesome. We're always on the prowl for good Greek or Mediterranean food and this restaurant exceeds our standards by a long shot. We ordered the hummus, babaganoush and gyro meat Greek salad. Next time back we're bringing friends and ordering the rest of the menu. Been needing this in Kailua to supplement my Bob's Pizzeria crave. I wish they wouldn't charge so much for extra pita bread. Not crazy about the chairs. The top of the chair was very uncomfortable on my back. Neither of these things are keeping me from giving a 5-star rating but I hope staff reads these two comments.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went here for dinner with several of my co workers and everyone's food was delcious. The calamari was fresh, the Greek salads were very good as was the house dressing that came with it. Overall, very good meal. The only thing I would not recommend was the baklava, which was not even sweet. Two of us were disappointed. But my dinner was still under $20, and most of the entrees were under $20 so very reasonable. The food came very fast and our waitress was very nice. Overall, I'd definitely be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very intimate restaurant and the food is delicious. I wish there was one in my home town.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Right around the corner from the Hilton Waikiki, this is a cute little place on the second floor of a little building on Ala Moana Blvd. it doesn't have too many seats, but it is also quite small, so you might find the seating a bit tight. Our service was island-speed, but friendly and pleasant enough overall.

We found the food to be better than we were expecting, but nothing jaw-dropping. The Greek salad was a good portion, and the lemon-chicken soup was tasty, but could have used a bit more rice. We also tried one of their nightly specials, the name of which I have forgotten unfortunately. It was more or less a thick lamb stew with cinnamon over elbows, and not only was it tasty, but it was HUGE. I was quite hungry, and I still don't think I ate even half of it.

This wasn't the best food we had on Oahu, but it was decent enough, and close to the hotel.