“Favorite restaurant in Honolulu”
Review of Fat Greek Waikiki - CLOSED

Fat Greek Waikiki
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Favorite restaurant in Honolulu”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very intimate restaurant and the food is delicious. I wish there was one in my home town.

Washington, DC
“Decent little place right off Waikiki.”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Right around the corner from the Hilton Waikiki, this is a cute little place on the second floor of a little building on Ala Moana Blvd. it doesn't have too many seats, but it is also quite small, so you might find the seating a bit tight. Our service was island-speed, but friendly and pleasant enough overall.

We found the food to be better than we were expecting, but nothing jaw-dropping. The Greek salad was a good portion, and the lemon-chicken soup was tasty, but could have used a bit more rice. We also tried one of their nightly specials, the name of which I have forgotten unfortunately. It was more or less a thick lamb stew with cinnamon over elbows, and not only was it tasty, but it was HUGE. I was quite hungry, and I still don't think I ate even half of it.

This wasn't the best food we had on Oahu, but it was decent enough, and close to the hotel.

• Visited February 2012
Reno, NV
“Give it a shot”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I wouldn't go out of my way to find this place, but if you find yourself wandering around the area, its worth dropping in. Our family of 5 (myself, my wife and our three kids aged 9-15) were out shopping on foot one night and decided to try it. We had souvlaki, gyros, and a combination platter. Now I've absolutely had better Greek food, but that was in Europe and let's face it...this is Waikiki! Awesome service, very reasonable prices and the food was decent. If you don't feel like dropping a couple hundred on dinner, and you are in the neighborhood...

1 Thank bco5012003
Seattle
“Worst food ever”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband, son and I ordered take out at the Fat greek while we were in Waikiki a week ago. The staff was very friendly but it was by far the worst food I have ever had and I have eaten in a lot of different places and countries. The calamari was rubbery and old, the lemon soup was way too sour and lemony. My husband ordered the gyro and it was 3 pieces of dried meat slapped into a pita. My lamb souvlaki must have been sitting there for hours. It was dry and wasn't even warm. To top it off, my husband got food poisoning and spent a good 48 hours vomiting and having diarrhea. Thank goodness my 16 month old son and I didn't get sick. I am surprised no one else has gotten sick. I will definitely not be returning to the restaurant.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Ibby O
Ontario
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The restaurant is located quite close to the Hilton but a little hard to find. Very nice atmosphere with young servers that are really pleasant. Scott was our server and took his time to explain the food and what we had ordered.

The food was fresh and the salad was not your traditional Greek salad but in my opinion better. We had the Lamb Souvlaki incredible and the Swarama.

The food was great and the service was first class.

• Visited January 2012