Stayed here to attend a convention/have a mini-vacation. I chose this hotel instead of Ala Moana hotel because I wanted to be a little closer to Waikiki, but not too far from the convention center.
The rooms are big enough for two people. The refrigerator is nice to keep those tubs of poke you buy :)
The bus stops right in front were very convenient. I had expected to walk to the con center but it was too hot so I opted for the 4 min bus ride. It was worth the $2.50.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The towel rental system is great. We also borrowed the chairs one day to relax at the beach.
The only con is that the gas station is right by your window if you go with the city view. Motorcycle noises during the day, trucks peeping at night. Even with the windows and doors closed. But we were both the kind where noise doesn't bother our sleep, so it was cool. The air conditioner was pretty loud too, but we didn't need it at night staying in early April.
I also got to see half of the fireworks for...Hilton? on Friday. I wish the staff told us about it when we checked in on Thursday. I would have gone to a place where I can actually see it...
Oh, when I say "half" I don't mean half of the duration of the fireworks. I had half a view. Which was enough to make me happy :)
I would stay here again if the price is right, but then I say that about most hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with Hawaiian style decor, including studios with kitchenettes & spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga classes, cool folding & cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. With our daily hospitality fee, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites allows guests to enjoy many amenities without having to incur misc. charges. These services include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki shuttle (complimentary Waikiki shuttle service), daily newspaper, in room coffee, in room safe, local & toll-free calls, and water in lobby. Enjoy the manager's reception on Mon, Wed & Friday from 5p-6p which features wine, cheese, and craft beer service, & live Hawaiian entertainment. Try our on-site restaurant, Fish Hook cafe for some local favorite dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Splitty, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites Hawaii/Honolulu