4 people are viewing this hotel
$259
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$194
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Vio.com
$176
travelup.com$226
Priceline$259
Agoda.com$259
1,997 results
All reviews fish hook fort derussy park bbq area partial ocean view full kitchen across the street kalakaua ave queen bed city view valet parking fitness center minute walk to the beach beach towels coffee maker mini fridge small pool resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Just returned from our second stay at the Outrigger Luana. Once again our stay was fantastic. We have stayed at several other hotels in Waikiki in the past but the Luana is the best - it is ideally situated in Waikiki within walking distance of the best shopping and restaurants, it provides lovely units which are well kept and very clean, and importantly all the staff are friendly and helpful. We requested the same 1 bedroom unit as we had had the previous year and they obliged – not only that but as it was a special anniversary for us they left a small bottle of champagne and a card for us on our arrival.

We also traveled with a friend, it was their first time in Hawaii – they rented a studio with kitchen and they loved the hotel as well. We all can’t wait to go back.

We would recommend this condo-hotel to anyone looking for more than just a hotel room in Waikiki – having kitchen facilities can be very useful even if you don’t want to use them everyday.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CP2811
Reviewed July 18, 2008

This was our first visit back to Oahu since 1975. A lot has changed. We booked a week at the Luana. It was everything the other travellers had wrote. Check in was easy and friendly. We had a corner room on the 5th floor. The view thru the kitchen window of the Derussy Park was gorgeous as was the city view from the balcony. The unit was spotless. Daily maid service was excellent. The pool was great. However, non-swimmers will not like it as there is not much of a shallow end. The best part was the location. Easy walking distances to the beach, the Marketplace and shopping at the Ala Moana shopping centre. The only negative was the air conditioner. It was a bit noisy, so we just shut it off just before we went to bed. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return next time we visit Waikiki.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank ptklee
Reviewed July 16, 2008

This was our third stay at The Outrigger Luana Waikiki, and it just keeps getting better. This 16 story "CondoHotel" is sparkling clean, reasonably priced, and wonderfully staffed with helpful people. Rooms are good sized, attractive, well provisioned (many have full kitchens with glassware, cutlery, tableware, etc.), and have beautiful views.

The Outrigger Luana Waikiki is located adjacent to the only large park left in Waikiki, and is within a short walking distance of the best shopping and famous Waikiki Beach.

Definitely a little known gem in this ever expanding city. As my lovely wife says, "This is the only way to visit Waikiki!"

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank StewartSky
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I needed to book a hotel pretty quickly for a 2 week stay and my agent booked the Luana for me.
From the moment I drove up in my rental car, I was greeted warmly. I was upgraded without even asking to a nice room with a kitchenette and a great view. The kitchen came with more utencils and flatware than I needed which was great.
My luggage didn't make it with me on the plane and after I checked in and went to get something to eat, the luggage was in my room safe and sound.
The fee for parking is a little outrageous, but luckily because of my Military ID, I was able to park at Fort Derussey for $6 or $7 a day.
The staff was courteous the entire time and very helpful with advice. The room, when I requested it, was impeccably clean. The location was fanatastic, in walking distance of everything in Waikiki and not too far from H-1. I'd wake up and go on a run to Kapahulu and back which was a good distance.
The pool was gorgeous. It was a great alternative when I didn't want to mess with getting sand on myself or with the large crowds.
My only complaint would be the rusted weights in the work-out room.
I expect to come back to Oahu for the same exercise next year and I will request to stay here again.
Thanks so much to the staff for being so wonderful!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RARAustin
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Great little secret in Waikiki. I always try to book this place during my business trips. It is very convenient having a small kitchen in the room.

Date of stay: November 2007