After reading the reviews here, we asked for a room on the higher floor. We got a room on the top floor, the 16th floor, facing the right side of the hotel (left side is the gas station) so we got both park & ocean view. We were able to sleep without hearing the cars when the balcony door is closed. The a/c is loud so you will need earplugs. We asked for two double beds with our one bedroom with kitchenette but we only got one double bed & a sofa bed. The sofa bed is ok. The lady at the front desk said that they only one room with two double beds in the entire hotel.
The room is clean & size is ok. The cleaning staff does not sweep or mop the floor in the room daily so it's really dusty. Waikiki is very dusty so that makes it worse. There are ants in the kitchenette so you need to watch where you store your food. The hotel is old & the cleaning staff does an ok job keeping it clean. The carpet in the hotel hallway on the 16th floor is old & smelly.
The staff is friendly & helpful. It's probably the best feature of this hotel.
Originally, we booked with P.G. Plover to go to the Waikele Outlet Mall. However, the shuttle bus (operated by Roberts Hawaii) only has a few pickups locations thoroughout Waikiki. The bell desk attendant told us the hotel uses a third party company to drive customers to the mall for the same price, $15 round trip, but they pick up customers at their hotels. We cancelled pur reservation with P.G. Plover & went with that recommended company, Ali' Trans & Tours. What a mistake!!!! The bus was dirty, smelly & the seats are stained with god know what. There was no seatbells (unlike Discover Hawaii Tours shuttle bus) & no a/c. The driver was crude & drove like a maniac. He barked at customers rudely. I told the lady at the front desk they should not use that company as that brings bad reputation to their hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with Hawaiian style decor, including studios with kitchenettes & spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga classes, cool folding & cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. With our daily hospitality fee, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites allows guests to enjoy many amenities without having to incur misc. charges. These services include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki shuttle (complimentary Waikiki shuttle service), daily newspaper, in room coffee, in room safe, local & toll-free calls, and water in lobby. Enjoy the manager's reception on Mon, Wed & Friday from 5p-6p which features wine, cheese, and craft beer service, & live Hawaiian entertainment. Try our on-site restaurant, Fish Hook cafe for some local favorite dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Booking.com, HotelPower, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites Hawaii/Honolulu