This hotel was right on Luxury Row. Great views of the city and with a kitchenette it was perfect to spend several days in prior to our cruise. Our check-in did not go smoothly at all! It was almost as if they did not want to give us the early-bird special that was booked weeks in advance. I had confirmation numbers and a print out and tried to show it to front desk personnel but they did not even look at it, saying that the reservation was booked under something else. It eventually got straightened out but after traveling for more than 12 hours it was annoying. Valet parking is $25 a day in and out all day. That was OK – a little over priced but at least there was parking.
The restaurant in the hotel was very nice and the food was good and for Hawaii was reasonably priced. The staff there was very nice and so was the valet parking staff.
I could only get internet very early in morning after that it was VERY slow and frustrating. That included my phone and laptop.
The Concierge is EXTREMELY helpful and Stacey really helped us out one day. She made phone calls and arrangements for us and took a lot of stress and pressure off of us. She was the best!
Loved the water with fresh fruit in it in the lobby. So refreshing after walking up and down Kalakaua Ave.
The room was definitely spacious and the beds were comfy. The kitchenette was an added plus and was stocked with dishes and other items we needed. It’s a small frig but that was all we needed. The bathroom was a nice size and updated.
One of the days we were there our room ended up not being cleaned. We had been gone all day and came back around 3pm to relax before going to dinner – room was the way we left it that morning, thank goodness we are very neat. We called down to get some fresh towels which they brought up right away and asked if we wanted our room cleaned right then?! We found out that they clean rooms late or so we were told. I wasn’t sure what to make of that, it didn’t happen again.
Overall I would stay there again if I am ever in Hawaii again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with Hawaiian style decor, including studios with kitchenettes and spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga classes on Tues, Thur, Sat & Sun, cool folding & cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. Come see what sets the Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our daily hospitality fee, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki shuttle (complimentary Waikiki shuttle service), daily newspaper, in room coffee, in room safe, local & toll-free calls, and water in lobby. Enjoy the manager's reception on Mon, Wed & Friday from 5p-6p which features wine, cheese, and craft beer service, and live Hawaiian entertainment. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, BBQ area & fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites Hawaii/Honolulu