I booked my kitchenette suite on-line for $119 which is a good price for Waikiki. The kitchen is well-equipped except for a coffee grinder and when I phone housekeeping, they said they didn't have one. The cafe offered to grind my coffee beans for me at no charge. Considering the size of the Outrigger chain, they should have at least one coffee bean grinder on hand. Hawaiian coffee is highly advertised.
The room was very large and comfortable. I was on the 15th floor and despite being so high, the noise from Kalakaua was enough to disrupt my sleep. Since the regular rooms have a fridge and sink, I wouldn't get a kitchenette next time but would put the money towards a room facing the park.
When I went to the pool, all the towels were gone and there was no way I could see to get more. Perhaps there was a phone to housekeeping but I didn't see it. There is a barbecue and some bar tables at one side of the pool area overlooking Fort Derussy Park. You could watch the sunset from there.
The hotel is at the Honolulu end of Waikiki. I walked to the Ala Moana shopping center and there are bus stops very near the hotel. If you walk the other way, it is not far to all the Waikik restaurants and stores. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with Hawaiian style decor, including studios with kitchenettes and spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga classes on Tues, Thur, Sat & Sun, cool folding & cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. Come see what sets the Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our daily hospitality fee, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki shuttle (complimentary Waikiki shuttle service), daily newspaper, in room coffee, in room safe, local & toll-free calls, and water in lobby. Enjoy the manager's reception on Mon, Wed & Friday from 5p-6p which features wine, cheese, and craft beer service, and live Hawaiian entertainment. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, BBQ area & fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites Hawaii/Honolulu