My mom and I booked our weeklong trip 8 months in advance. We got there and they told us that they were overbooked and were gonna send us to a different hotel with an upgrade. They paid for the cab and sent us to the ghetto, there was a homeless man sleeping at the door of the new hotel. I was not happy, alongside our room was not even ready. Two hours later we made it back to the Luana, they upgraded us from a studio to a one bedroom partial ocean for the trouble. That was nice.
The room was very nice and the beds super comfy, I slept on the pull out sofa bed and surprisingly it was comfy as well. They also have free wifi in the rooms and a free inroom safe that ended up being used more than I thought. The rooms are very spacious and provided a lot of room.
Complaints: I am under 5ft tall and the shower head hit me in the chest, it was so short and not adjustable. They give you one coffee bag per day which is enough for one cup of coffee and they charge you for extra. Also, our sliding glass door to the lanai was extremely hard to open and didnt lock.
All in all, I would probably stay here again, it is very conveniently located, you are in the middle of waikiki so you can walk easily to the mall, beach, fort derussy, pink trolley, etc. Also, they have the most delicious water in the lobby all day long with fresh fruits inside and they have a snack around 2pm.
P.S. they set up travel for us (by our request) to the outlet mall, dont ever go there it is a waste of time and money, there is only a handful of stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with Hawaiian style decor, including studios with kitchenettes and spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga classes on Tues, Thur, Sat & Sun, cool folding & cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. Come see what sets the Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our daily hospitality fee, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki shuttle (complimentary Waikiki shuttle service), daily newspaper, in room coffee, in room safe, local & toll-free calls, and water in lobby. Enjoy the manager's reception on Mon, Wed & Friday from 5p-6p which features wine, cheese, and craft beer service, and live Hawaiian entertainment. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, BBQ area & fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites Hawaii/Honolulu