We stayed here for several days while attending a friend's destination wedding. We had booked the room with Expedia several weeks in advance and felt that we had gotten excellent value for what we had paid. It was a walk to the beach, but you walk right along Kalakaua Ave. which has tons of shops and restaurants along it (so many of these restaurants are fantastic) and the walk wasn't far at all. Mind you, I did have to walk to the Sheraton Waikiki in heels for the wedding and I honestly didn't think that it was too far. Even my toes agree. :-)
We had two queen beds, a small desk, TV, nightstand in the room as well as a kitchen sink which was great when two of us were trying to get ready for the wedding. Tile floors throughout made it easy for housekeeping to keep things clean. We didn't have a great view from our porch, but we had no loud noise and the porch was still really nice when we hung out there at the end of the day.
There was $25/day valet parking that we needed to use that was pricey but seemed to be par for the course in the area. The attendants were really cool and attentive and always brought the car to us quickly. The front desk attendants were also great and gave us beach towels upon request. We only ate at the cafe at the hotel once, but the food was reasonably priced and tasty - it was also prepared super quickly and this was really important because we were running late for the wedding when we grabbed our lunch here.
One small touch that I really loved was the complimentary water that they had in the lobby; there's a table to the side with ice water sitting there that has tons of tropical fruit in it to give it flavor. It really was a treat and was a great way to start a day of exploring; I'd grab a glass of it whenever I'd leave the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with Hawaiian style decor, including studios with kitchenettes and spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga classes on Tues, Thur, Sat & Sun, cool folding & cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. Come see what sets the Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our daily hospitality fee, Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki shuttle (complimentary Waikiki shuttle service), daily newspaper, in room coffee, in room safe, local & toll-free calls, and water in lobby. Enjoy the manager's reception on Mon, Wed & Friday from 5p-6p which features wine, cheese, and craft beer service, and live Hawaiian entertainment. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, BBQ area & fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline and Sabre Hospitality Solutions so you can book your Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites Hawaii/Honolulu