“Very good hotel - amazing ocean views!”

Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed at the Outrigger Luana for 10 days in April 2011, and had booked a partial oceanview room with kitchenette. The room was very clean, nice bed, granite countertop and flat-screen TV. The most amazing thing was the view - we used the balcony everyday for breakfast or drinks at night and the view was amazing!
Very good service at the lobby, very friendly people.
The pool was great with compfotable chairs and a few tables under gazebos.
For the price, I think this is one of the best values in Waikiki. Very close to the convention center, short walk to the beach and the many restaurants of Waikiki.
Would definitely go back if I stayed in Waikiki again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors with partial oceanviw
1  Thank PLAYAfan#1
There are newer reviews for Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was disappointed with the customer service at Outrigger Luana. This was my first experience with an Outrigger property and I was not impressed. I called about 4 times to confirm the availability of a room with 2 double beds and a pull out couch because I was travelling with friends. On all 4 calls, they said this was a room type, but could not guarantee that we would be assigned this. When we got there I was at first pleased that we were assigned to a room with 2 double beds. Later I found out that we were assigned to a room with 2 double beds, but the couch did not pull out into a bed. After my multiple calls, I was so disappointed that they did not inform me that this was an option too. I had researched hotels for days before selecting one and multiple hotels had 2 double beds. It was the pull out couch (=3 beds) that made this hotel unique and made my decision. So, I asked at the front desk if it would be possible to provide a roll-away bed to make up for the "one room in the hotel that has 2 double beds, but no pull-out couch". Not only were they not willing to do this without cost, they were rude about how they handled it repeatedly asking- "i could give you a room with a king size bed and a pull out couch. Would you like me to do that?" threatening as if the whole point was lost on them. Although I knew the room type was not guaranteed, I was misinformed because I had called to check on the types of rooms multiple times. The customer CARE just wasn't there.
Also, beware of the attached restaurant, one of my travel companions saw multiple bugs near the creamer/sugar while going to get coffee one morning.

5  Thank Bluemouth8
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises. Quiet, clean and to sum it all up definitely one of my favorites.

Room Tip: If you have AAA membership, shop around.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We had a wonderful visit to Waikiki, made especially enjoyable by our stay at the Outrigger Luana Waikiki. The staff was helpful and very personable. Our room was very clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. We found it a great value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saucydoxie
Reviewed April 7, 2011

The Luana is a quaint Resort located in the world-famous Waikiki. Being on the north (?) end of Waikiki it is close to the visitor attractions in the area without being right in the middle of the craziness.

The resort was exceptionally clean and the unit was well appointed.

The staff is top-notch and they made our stay memorable. Everyone from the valet to the night manager went above and beyond, and each truly possessed the Aloha Spirit.

Our stay was so memorable that future visits to Oahu will include this little gem...extra special thanks goes out to front desk manager Chris, he is a true ambassador of the islands.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite sleeps 4 and has kitchen
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mjkb333
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The Outrigger Luana is not posh, but it is comfortable and well-located for anything you'd like to do in Honolulu. I was upgraded to a unit with a kitchenette, and this saved me money on breakfasts. The air conditioner was a bit noisy, but I slept well all 4 nights. I'd go there again for sure.

Room Tip: The parkview rooms are probably the quietist.
1  Thank ElDude9
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Excellent Condo clean nice staff we stayed 8 weeks could not do better, safe location.
Close to beach just across the park chairs available from the front desks or the bell boy who are all very nice. BBQS are also very good. THEBUSes are just across the road.
With three lift there is not much waiting. Would book again!!!

From Buckinghamshire, England