Overall, our stay at this hotel was nice. The staff was friendly and the location is good. However, on our second night, we chose to walk 30 minutes to our car rather than park in hotel garage. The garage has only ONE ramp so you have to hope to not get hit by oncoming traffic. Also, the ramps are terrible. They are so narrow that there are marks all along them from where cars have scraped along the walls trying to make the turns. I parked on one of the upper levels and when I left, my rental car actual scraped the ground when I turned one of the corners. I got out of the car to see if there was damage and there was a dent along the bottom of the car. I then looked at the ground and could see that many other cars had apparently done the same thing.
Since the hotel does not manage the garage, I was put in contact with the garage manager who told me that they were not responsible for the damages OR for the state of structure itself. When I pointed out that one of the employees at the garage told me that he does not park on the upper levels because of this issue, I was simply told, "Not EVERYONE has this issue". The manager refused to help me and would not even refund the $20 fee for the one night I used the facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger is conveniently located in Central Waikiki on Kuhio Avenue and is a short stroll to a wide variety of shopping and dinning on Kalakaua Avenue and the Waikiki Beach Walk promenade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Vacatia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana Waikiki Malia Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki Malia By Outrigger Hawaii/Honolulu