This hotel was a very enjoyable experience! It was clean, well furnished, accessible to most everything we needed, and affordable.
Our flight was delayed by one day and the hotel personnel were very gracious about it. Upon checkout, they agreed to hold our luggage a few hours after checkout to accommodate our flight schedule.
The hotel is designed for the comfort of the guests. It appears to be older, but is updated and well arranged. Our "room" was a suite with a kitchen and bath separating the two sleeping areas, and a balcony. There is an I-Hop within the hotel and many dining and shopping opportunities nearby.
The staff was exceptional. They made us feel that we were special and wanted!
There are many things to do around Honolulu (including "gawking" as we walked through the lobbies of the really luxurious nearby hotels!) We visited Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, went snorkeling and enjoyed beach sunsets and seemingly endless displays of double rainbows each day.
Rental cars are very expensive, but the hotels have free trolleys (just show your room card) to dining and shopping. The bus system is well organized..a schedule is posted, and you can go most anywhere on one.
The nearby malls are worth the trip, and such food!!! Lovely island. Beautiful beaches. Lovely Hotel. I'd definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger is conveniently located in Central Waikiki on Kuhio Avenue and is a short stroll to a wide variety of shopping and dinning on Kalakaua Avenue and the Waikiki Beach Walk promenade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana Waikiki Malia Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki Malia By Outrigger Hawaii/Honolulu