Park Shore Waikiki
  • Restaurant
Waikiki Resort Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Free Internet
1,804 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlulu's restaurantgreat locationocean frontabc storebeach towels and chairsfree shuttleother hotelspartial ocean viewvalet parkingstandard roompool deckkapiolani parkoceanfront roomhotel lobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The location is perfect, and Diamond Head view is awesome! Staffs at front desk have very kind hospitality. A staff at reception gave a toy to my daughter. It is easy access to Alamoana center by trolley or the bus.

日本語が話せるスタッフはみあたりませんでしたが、日本人の宿泊者もあまり見かけなかったです。ABCマートが建物内にあり非常に便利。ホノルル動物園、防波堤付きのビーチは目の前なので子供連れの家族には移動が凄く楽で良かったです。次回はオーシャンビューの部屋を確保して泊まりたいホテル。空港からタクシーでチップ込みで50ドル程度でした。

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KsJorge
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Aloha KsJorge,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location and our outstanding service professionals. We hope that you are able to return again in the future and we will ensure that you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here for four nights in late May prior to an inter-island cruise. I had done a LOT of research on Waikiki hotels and my priority was finding a clean, well-run hotel with an ocean-view balcony at a decent price. Waikiki is not cheap, and ocean-front properties (and views) come with a premium. But I really wanted to have a balcony where I could chill in the afternoon and look out at the ocean. Park Shore offered this at a reasonable price. Best of all, they charge NO RESORT FEES and have FREE wi-fi. That's a big savings compared to a lot of the big chain hotels. It's not a luxury property -- most room access is from outdoor corridors, and there is no room service or plush robes. But that's not what I was looking for. After reading many reviews and seeing photos of the renovated rooms, I decided to book at the Park Shore Waikiki. While this hotel is at the end of the "strip," it's plenty close to dining and shopping, and the beach walk is wonderful! I booked an oceanfront balcony -- my room was on the 12th floor and had an incredible view -- the ocean before me, and views of the Honolulu Zoo to my left. From the walkway outside my room, I could see Diamond head. My room/bathroom was clean and recently renovated. I was traveling alone, so I had plenty of room for storing my things. There was even a small refrigerator.
I loved sitting on my balcony, and was often visited by some small birds -- I'd advise against leaving your balcony door open just in case one decides to fly inside. I liked having a Starbucks downstairs, and I enjoyed several meals (breakfast and dinner) at Lulu's on the second level. I loved the open-air environment, and the beach views were great. The food was tasty and very reasonably priced. There were also a couple of ABC convenience stores in/adjacent to the hotel. I had read quite a few reviews mentioning the presence of homeless people, and I spotted a few camping out across the street at the park, but they were no problem whatsoever. I did see law enforcement quite a few times cruising the area, and felt very safe, even traveling alone.
I'd also read about traffic noise. It was there, for sure, since the hotel is just across the street from the beach. I'd hear a tour bus come by quite regularly with a recorded message. But I just tuned it out. It really didn't bother me or keep me awake at night. If noise is an issue, bring some ear plugs!
I attended the manager's poolside reception on Wednesday and got to meet the manager and other staff. It was very informal and not a "must," but something nice that they offer. I didn't actually swim in the pool but it was nice having it there. I think I might have used it if it was open at night.
There is so much to see in Oahu! Pre-cruise, I did not rent a car. I booked several excursions that picked up near the hotel (Circle Island tour, Pearl Harbor tour, Sunrise Photography tour, and Germaine's Luau) and walked the rest of the time. So I didn't have to pay to rent or park a car.
I hope to return to the Hawaiian islands some day and spend more time at some of my favorite spots. If I return to Oahu, I will book the Park Shore without a second thought, and strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, modern property facing Waikiki Beach at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean front room, be sure to request ocean front, not ocean view (which may give you a glimpse if you lean out and turn to one side). There are some palm trees in front of the hotel that may partially block the ocean view, so I'd ask for a room on a higher floor if that's important to you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank CathyEM

Aloha CathyEM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous location with all of the nearby amenities, the extraordinary views from your renovated Ocean Front room, and was a pleasure meeting you at our Manager's Reception. We appreciate the recommendation, and excited that you will be returning again in the future. We will ensure that you have another sucessful stay with us.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel is brilliantly located opposite the beach on the very northern end of the main strip. Opposite the Zoo.It was very clean and efficient and this area is quieter than further south where there are more restaurants, night life and some red light happening. The hotel has no bars (private bar on the beach at the front) , no room service and the pool area is basic.We originally had a room facing the hotel next door, which had a tiny balcony (one small person ) and no real outlook. Got upgraded to a room on the side at the front which had a 2 person balcony and nice beach outlook. I imagine the views of beach and diamond head would be spectacular from the font and north rooms. Service was fine when you asked for something but not pro-active. For instance we didn't realize there was a Macy's 10% discount on the back of our room card until too late.

Room Tip: beach or north facing
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Billquin

Aloha Billquin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our incredible location at the end of Waikiki and across from the Beach, and also that you had been upgraded from the Standard Hotel Room to a Partial Ocean View room. I apologize for not explaining the Macy's discount on the back of our key cards. We hope that you are able to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another nice stay with us.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We chose this hotel because it is at the end of the beach and overlooks the zoo and so we hoped for relative quiet. The hotel were helpful and put us in a room at the end of a corridor which had the added bonus of a side window which gave a view over toward Pearl Harbour which meant we saw the 4th July fireworks from our room. Unfortunately it also overlooked the cafe attached to the next hotel which on our last night held a party with drums that went on until 2am! Not the fault of the Park Shore but it blighted our stay which was otherwise good especially considering the large number of guests for the holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main block have a good view of the beach and Diamond Head but no view toward Pearl. The block we were in had a side window looking toward Pearl but unfortunately over the cafe next door which can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles E

Aloha Charles E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your renovated Partial Ocean View room and our very friendly and helpful service professionals. I am sorry about the noise from Lulus. We will address this with them. I hope that you are able to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another excellent stay with us.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I searched high and low for the biggest beds on the beach for the least cost. This gave our party of 3 girls the opportunity to not get too cozy. Tile flooring and right across the street from the beach and zoo. I was quite impressed with how none of the hotel smelt like mildew. All beach hotels seem to get that smell every once in awhile, but Hawaii was the exception.

Room Tip: If you want to ensure getting the double queen beds you need to request 3rd level pool access. Double Double beds are too tight when you are sharing with just friends.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Becky S
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Aloha Becky S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our incredible location across from Waikiki Beach, and the spacious Poolside Rooms with Double Queen size beds. We hope that you are able to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another excellent stay with us.