If there is any better bargain in Honolulu, we didn’t find it, and we sure looked at many options. The hotel was recently renovated and it shows with a large almost open-air lobby that was attractive and welcoming; good size, clean rooms; and extras like free newspapers, coffee (in the room and in the lobby) and cold drinks. Better yet, it is a perfect location, being right across the street from Waikiki beach and around the corner from the main tourist street in Waikiki -- lots of shopping, souvenir stores, and, especially, restaurants. Maybe the best of all, though, were the staff, who genuinely appeared to enjoy their jobs and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome.
Although we booked the least expensive room for the pre-cruise stay, we were upgraded to an Ocean View room. It was better than we expected given the hotel’s location and cost. Better yet was our post-cruise stay when we booked an Ocean Front (not just ocean view) room. As we said above, we were especially pleased with the staff at the hotel, and Crystal deserves an extra pat on the back, and not just for upgrading us to the Diamond Head Suite (although that would have been enough for us to rave about her). The suite was clean and spacious, with a balcony facing Diamond Head with no tall buildings between us and it, a couch and table, chairs, plenty of closet space, and a small kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator, sink, plates, utensils, and more. The only downside? It was TOUGH to leave to go home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Learn more about Park Shore Waikiki during our weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. Need to grab lunch or need some gifts for your family back home? Park Shore Waikiki offers an array of onsite shops and restaurant for your needs. Retail Shops ABC Store (6:00 am – 12:00 midnight) Hans Hedemann Surf School (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Restaurants Lulu’s Restaurant (7:00 am – 10:30 am, 11:00 am – 2:00 am) Starbucks Coffee (4:00 am – 11:00 pm) Tucker & Bevvy (6:00 am – 7:30 pm) Yoshitsune Japanese Restaurant (Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am Lunch 11:00 am – 2:30 pm) Dinner 5:30 am – 10:30 pm) Renovation Park Shore Waikiki will undergo spalling renovation from March 21, 2017 thru May 22, 2017. Renovation will take place Monday through Friday and major work will and noise will start on 4/4. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu