Upon arrival you're presented with a pleasant lobby. Whilst the corridors are a little dated, the rooms are modern and tidy. The hotel is in two wings. One is 12 stories high and the other is 18 stories high. The smaller block has room access along an open pathway whilst the taller block has an internal corridor.
Hotel wifi is easy to access and the standard speed was fast enough for my smartphone and iPad.
Expedia desk staff were very helpful and seemed to genuinely want you to get the best deal. Shout out to Stephanie who was wonderful to deal with.
Reception staff were efficient and helpful, especially Crystal who helped us choose a great room.
A nice touch is the iced water and tropical punch available in the lobby during the day.
The hotel is right at the end of the Waikiki strip and overlooks Honalulu Zoo. It has an open feel to it because of this and is quieter but you are further away from the main shopping area (An easy 15 minute walk). The beaches at this end are less crowded and you are right across the street from the lagoon and the pier, and have great access to Kapiolani Park.
The rooms are quiet with the balcony slider shut, we tried sleeping with the slider open once but utility trucks through the night and late night/early morning buses at the stop immediately outside the hotel made for an interrupted nights sleep. The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner was a little noisy and intrusive which was more noticeable at night.
Buses to Diamond Head could be caught right outside the hotel, and buses to Ala Moana were a few minutes walk away on Kuhio.
An issue with housekeeping was more than satisfactorily resolved and management seem very approachable and keen to ensure you have a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu