Park Shore Waikiki
$372
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
Ala Moana Hotel
$326
$450
$226
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
Hotels.com
$202
$190
1,842 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlulu's restaurantgreat locationocean frontabc storebeach towels and chairsfree shuttleother hotelspartial ocean viewvalet parkingstandard roompool deckkapiolani parkoceanfront roomhotel lobby
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at the Park Shore Waikiki for the last two days of our 11 day trip around the Hawaiian islands. With each island our stay was even more beautiful, comfortable and perfect. The hotel is located just across the street from the quiet end of Waikiki beach with a Starbucks, ABC Store and LuLu's restaurant just below the building. It is within walking distance to most everything without feeling disconnected from the heart of Waikiki.

We reserved a regular room but quickly upgraded for $45/night when we were allowed to view the rooms with a partial ocean view and full view of Diamond Head! Our room was perfect, a little on the small side, with a nice big balcony! Clean, classy and beautifully kept! The bed was extremely comfortable, in fact, the most comfortable bed we slept in the entire trip!
A very upscale feel with very personable staff! Valet parking was $22/night which was very reasonable especially for the wonderful service provided.

I spent weeks researching hotels in the Waikiki area that were within our budget and not rundown. We finally settled on the Park Shore and are so happy we did! I would revisit in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Request highest floor and splurge for at least the partial ocean view with a full view of Diamond Head!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FiveSolas
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Aloha FiveSolas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed the views from your Partial Ocean View room, and all of the excellent nearby amenities that our property offers. We hope to see you again in the future, and will ensure that you have another exceptional stay with us.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just returned from two weeks holiday at Park Shore Hotel. The staff are brilliant at this place, all so friendly and helpful. Rooms are great, lovely big comfy beds. Wednesdays between 5 and 6 you are invited to the pool deck for drinks and snacks, it was really lovely. Lovely coffee downstairs in the morning and cold drinks in the afternoon. The Pog was delicious and very refreshing. We couldn't fault the place, everything was brilliant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank david1547

Aloha david1547,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad to have met you and your lovely wife, and that you enjoyed the Manager's Reception. Your positive comments regarding our incredible service professionals is very much appreciated. We hope that you are able to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another lovely stay with us.

General Manager.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Right across from the beach, zoo, & shopping! Walking distance to everything. Nice pool, but not that big. Small rooms, but clean & great views. Great for an Aqua hotel, which I thought I would never stay at. Another plus, Starbucks is connected to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Frequenttraveler808
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Aloha Frequenttraveler808,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed our incredible location and the stunning views from your room. We do offer larger size rooms in our Ocean Front and Suite categories if more space is needed, We hope that you decide to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was here for a week and every employee was courteous and friendly. I was staying by myself, meeting a group while in Oahu, and often singles are "invisible", but not here. Terrific location, able to walk to many places. Loved being near the zoo and aquarium and a bus stop. Free Wifi was a plus! Morning coffee and newspaper made it seem like home. The deli next door is fabulous and, of course, adjacent ABC store was convenient.

Room Tip: I didn't have an ocean view, which saved $$. This worked out well for me as the only time I was in the room was at night and you couldn't see the ocean anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lynnrxgal
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Aloha lynnrxgal,

Thank you for taking your time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location with all of the nearby amenities, and our friendly and courteous service professionals. We hope that you will be able to return in the future, and we will ensure that you have another incredible stay with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Reservation: I found a discount code on TripAdvisor, but booked through the hotel website. I think this helped me get the room I wanted (and I highly recommend this approach - many "bad" reviews complain about not getting a good view). When making my reservation there was a "special request" box. I asked for a corner room as high up as possible (I'd booked an "ocean view" room). I was prepared to sweet talk / bribe my way to a great room. No need. I started my spiel and the hostess told me I was one floor from the top, on the corner - with a balcony view of the beach and a side view of Diamond Head. When I walked into the room I literally said "Wow!"

Location: Great location at the southeast end of the main strip of hotels on Waikiki Beach. Just cross the street and you're on the beach (right across from the jetty by Queen's Beach). Easy driving access (you avoid having to drive down the very busy Kalakaua Blvd and instead have quick access to Kapahulu - for arrival and departure). Shopping and restaurants are a 1-5 minute walk away. I saw some homeless people in the vicinity, but not in great numbers and they certainly weren't aggressive. Google map directions had me twisting and turning - just take Kapahulu towards the ocean - you can pull into the valet parking from either side of the road.

Hotel: I walked through several other hotels during my stay. Some were very opulent - water features and large statues. Park Shore doesn't have these. No biggie - the lack of opulence didn't keep me awake at nights. The lobby is large, with comfortable seating - some right by the door for when you're waiting for pick up for tours.

Staff: The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The valet / bell staff were equally friendly. Cleaning service was effective - they did tend to visit early to mid-afternoon, but were willing to come back if you happened to be in the room.

Room: Clean. Reasonably large room. Comfortable bed. Large closet with plenty of hangers. Drawer space was a tad limited. Plenty of counter space in the bathroom. Shower was consistently hot and easy to control the temperature. Room safe was large - could have held a laptop and everything else you might want to lock up. Mini-fridge was of adequate size. No microwave. Well lit. Lots of electrical outlets.

Did I mention the view? Definitely pay for the ocean view room and mention you want a corner room on a high floor. I loved the views of the ocean. Very relaxing.

Parking: $20-ish dollars per day. Valet only. This was the only slight annoyance. Do you tip when you drop off the car? Do you tip when you get the car back? How much? I freely tip valet parking when it is a convenience, but valet is forced on you here (I think this is consistent with most of the Waikiki hotels). I don't know the rules in that situation - and I'd rather pay an extra $5 per day and be told tipping isn't accepted.

Summary: For the price you get great views, great location, and all of the amenities you could ask for during your stay in Waikiki. I don't know why you'd stay anywhere but the Park Shore!

Room Tip: Ocean view. HIgh floor. Corner. 1224 was fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LostInColorado
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Aloha LostInColorado,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location, the incredible corner room Ocean Views, and our friendly service professionals. We look forward to your return visit, and will ensure that you have another great stay with us.