Park Shore Waikiki
  • Restaurant
Waikiki Resort Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Free Internet
1,803 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlulu's restaurantgreat locationocean frontabc storebeach towels and chairsfree shuttleother hotelspartial ocean viewvalet parkingstandard roompool deckkapiolani parkoceanfront roomhotel lobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had an ocean/Diamond head view room on 12. No problems, even had a paper every morning by the elevators we grabbed as we went to breakfast. Front desk and bells were very friendly and helpful. Only complaints would be the large gathering of homeless on the corner, especially at night (no fault of the hotels tho). And sound carries through the rooms well, luckily we didn't have a lotta loud people on our floor. We would stay here again with no worries.

• Stayed: September 2013
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Aloha MrSmithJr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed the excellent views from your Ocean View room and our very friendly and helpful service professionals. We are working with the City and County of Honolulu regarding improving the homeless situation that is throughout Waikiki. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future, and will ensure that you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We really liked the Park Shore. It's been recently renovated. Staff is nice. It's next to the Honolulu Zoo. It's right across from the beach. Beautiful sunsets. Surfboard lessons on beach. Lulu's restaurant was reasonably priced. Food was real good. Our room was small and was a corner unit turned into a handicap room - 707. (No bathtub). It had a mini fridge but no freezer. The ABC store is in lobby. Great for souvenirs, snacks, beer, tee shirts, wrap skirts and more.

Aloha qtparties,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed our incredible location, and all of the nearby amenites that our property offers. We look forward to your return visit, and will ensure that you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff of frontdesk are friendly and their services so quick & adiquate. Our 14th floor Diamondhead Suite has a GREAT view of mountain, park and ocean. But 15th or higher would have a whole view of mountain. The bathroom is a bit small but very clean and functional. There was no bottle opener so I bought it at a ABC store by $5.5. Wifi service was not gotten through somehow by my Smartphone. But no problem because I rented a mobile wifi router. Newly opened store Tacker & Bevvy picnic food is strongly recommendable to lovers of natural foods. They made a freash juice by a latest slow juicer. Overall, a stay at this hotel fullfilled our wish to feel natural refreshment of Hawaii.

3  Thank NobooHeSah

Aloha NobooHeSah,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed the fabulous views from your Diamond Head Suite. We have just added bottle openers to each guest room, and will not be an issue for your return visit. I am not sure why your smart phone did not connect to the wireless internet system, We normally do not have a problem with this, and I apologize for that. We look forward to your return visit, and will ensure that you have a flawless stay with us.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Park Shore for four nights in mid September. When we originally booked this hotel we wanted a location away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. We found that this hotel located at the end of the strip was perfect for us. We did not want to spend our vacation shopping on the strip and rented a car to get around the island. We were able to jump in the car and head out exploring with minimal traffic to and from the hotel.

A few words about the staff. We have stayed at five star hotels that did not provide the level of customer service that we received from the staff at Park Shore. The front desk was helpful, professional, kind and courteous. They asked how we were enjoying our stay, made recommendations and provided directions when they saw us trying to navigate a map. The valet service was fantastic, I am a smoker and I always kid my husband when we valet park that I have plenty of time to smoke because it will take forever to get the car anyway, but this was not the case at the Park Shore. These guys were on it! We waited an average of 2-3 minutes to get our car EVERY time. The cost of Parking was $22 a day but after driving all over Oahu, I can tell you that cost is a bargain. We parked at the Sheraton Waikiki one night for a catamaran cruise we were taking and it cost $20 for 4.5 hours! The housekeeping staff was exceptional. Everything was clean and replenished daily and always without interrupting us. The one suggestion I would make here is that in the room there is a card saying if you hang up your towels you will reuse them, if they are on the floor they will be replaced. I expected the same type of notice in regards to bed linens, but did not find one. I don't need my bed linens changed everyday and would like to see that option as well. They have an activities desk in the lobby (this might be expedia) and they were very helpful booking us last minute tickets to the Paradise Cove luau. The Luau did not have any front row seating left, but the activities director requested they bump us up if they had a cancellation. When we got there we were seated in the front row! Fantastic! I give kudos to this team for helping to making our stay wonderful. I work in the property management industry (managing apartment communities) and if anyone of the staff members at the Park Shore wanted a job on the mainland they could call me!

Room Tip: We had a corner unit and had two large windows!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pirate_looks_at_30

Aloha pirate_looks_at_30,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location and the outstanding service professionals. It seems the Towel Card is missing in your room, and we will need to replace it. We do offer this on the towel rack for each room. Our standard Housekeeping service for changing sheets is every third day, but we will change sheets daily based upon request. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future, and will ensure that you have another wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel about a year and a half ago and it was awesome. This time around everything was great too, but we had a bit of a mix up with our booking. We reserved an oceanfront room (probably one of the best rooms on the strip for the price) and got a suite instead. The suite was VERY nice, but not an ocean front view. When we called the front desk to ask for a downgrade back to our original booking we got put in a corner room which, while still technically ocean front, was facing diamond head. Still haf an absolutely awesome view, but it wasn't as great as our room last year.

Still, if you want a nice hotel for a good price, Park Shore is a safe choice!

2  Thank John R

Aloha John R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am sorry that we were not able to have an Ocean Front room in our Shore Tower. The Park Tower Ocean Front rooms do offer incredible views as well. Please let us know in advance that you would like to have your room in the Shore Tower, and we will do our best to accomodate you. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future, and will ensure that you have another great stay with us.