“Good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Orlando, Florida
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This can be one of the best choices you can make situated at around 20min distance drive from the airport.The hotel is just across the beach, right place if you want to enjoy nice sunsets from the balcony or the beach. Rooms were ok, clean. AC was working fine. Staff was helpful. I would go back there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie D
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Aloha Julie D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed our excellent location across the street from the Pacific Ocean, the incredible sunset views from your guest room, and our friendly and helpful service professionals. We look forward to your return visit in the future, and will ensure that you have another great stay with us.

Scott Pauli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia,PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Imagine waking up every morning to a breathtaking view of Diamond Head, the Pacific , and a verdant lush park! Look no further, you've found the right hotel.
Without a doubt the Park Shore occupies the best piece of real estate of any 3 star hotel on Waikiki, and I know the area well. I'd first found this property a few years ago prior to their just completed renovation. The location on the makes for unobstructed views from the oceanview and oceanfront rooms. (We had oceanview - 12th floor.) There are a few in the partial oceanview
category that do provide a decent view as well, though you might find the proximity to your neighbor's balcony a bit disconcerning. I found all of the descriptions of and photos of room categories on the property's web site to be quite accurate. The very adequate pool on the third floor overlooked the ocean and a spacious stretch of beach just across the street
Regarding the renovation, our room had a well sized bathroom with tub and good counter space, a private lanai, and comfy king size bed with new "Perfect Sleeper" mattress. Rooms are on the small side (as is the case with most 3 star Waikiki hotels), but was fine for two on a ten day stay.
Oceanfront rooms are slightly larger, as are the poolview rooms, the later furnished with two queen beds.
A big plus was the quiet central air conditioning system, a feature not always found in more reasonably priced properties. The flat screen TV had a good assortment of channels. The coffee marker was fine for just that, though the many Australian guests longing for a spot of tea will find it just as inadequate for the purpose as all American models. The mini fridge was fine for beverages.
We found the staff to be friendly and quite approachable. Any requests for information or services were immediately addressed. Should you require a king bed, you may want to make that request known to the property in advance.
Rate wise, the Park Shore is one of the more reasonably priced 3 stars in Waikiki. In fact non oceanview rooms can be a bargain. These still have a lanai, and while they face another hotel, I've seen far worse in Honolulu. When comparing prices do note that the property does not charge a resort fee ($25-$30/night), nor do they charge for internet, often adding another $10-$15 nightly. Valet parking is very reasonable in the low twenties per night for those with a car.
Aqua, the management category does work with traditional travel agents, so if you're booking far out, this may be a moneysaving option if you find one knowledgeable about Hawaii. Close in, shop around with their website and an agent. Rates do vary by season and overall hotel occupancy in Honolulu.
The Park Shore Waikiki won't disappoint for those looking for a modern room with a view in the three star category. On our September visit we found mostly guests traveling as couples in a mixture of age groups. The hotel is definitely gay friendly.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. A room with a view is well worth the price differential here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul F
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Aloha Nomad101,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed the incredible views from your newly renovated room, our great location, and our very friendly service professionals. We look forward to your return visit, and will ensure that you have another outstanding stay with us.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband just stayed at the Park Shore hotel for 4 nights. Everything was excellent!! I almost didn't want to share this here... But I owe them a 5 star review for the great stay :)
When I travel the two things I care about most are cleanliness and location. And I think I hit the jackpot as they delivered on so many levels beyond these two!! It all statred at check in when we were upgraded from the standard room to the partial ocean view as it was a trip for my birthday. And the view from the room was AMAZING!! We were on the 6th floor looking over the pool and Waikiki. The room was not big but perfect for two people. Hotel had been recently renovated and in excellent condition. There was a small closet, iron and board, coffee maker, fridge, safe, flat TV, cold a/c, hot shower, toiletries, plenty of fresh towels. The lanai was spacious with two chairs and a table to enjoy the view while having a glass if wine... Room was very clean, housekeeping service was great. Front desk staff was really nice also. There wasn't much noise while in the room but I think the hotel was not very busy during our stay. Free wifi all over the hotel. They have lemon water and juice in the lobby. They also provide beach towels. You get them at the front desk, up to four per room and must return by 8pm.
Now let me tell you about the location. It was the BEST!!! Hotel is half block from Waikiki beach, across from the zoo. You can see the beach sitting on a chair in the lobby and it takes you literary less then a minute to get there. What do you say about that?!! :)) It's on the end of Waikiki away from the busiest part of it. Next to the hotel entrance there is a ABC store where you can get pretty much anything you may need during your vacation. There is a sports bar on the second floor that we only checked out but did not like. On the lobby level there is that awesome place for sandwiches and juices Tucker and Bevvy - great for breakfast (to go or you can sit in, they have some tables) and picnic food. Starbucks next door, plenty of restaurants all around. Yes, there are homeless people sleeping on the streets but they are pretty much everywhere by the beach and hotel can't control that. Felt safe any time of the day or night though.
They have a room where you can change and take a shower even after you check out and they store your luggage. So if you are lucky enough to be on a redeye flight you can enjoy another beach day after you leave our room :)
Overall great stay, great hotel. So happy I found that place. Thank you Park Shore! We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2013
Aloha jivkas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am gald that you enjoyed the views from your Partial Ocean View room, all of the nearby amenities that are available, and our outstanding Housekeeping and Guest Services professionals. We are excited that you will be retuning again in the future, and will ensure that you have another wonderful stay with us.

Neutral Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is just as nice (even better) than the postcard pictures. Thank you to the friendly hotel staff & the manager who happily placed us in the room we requested. Its a 50/50 chance to get the room you request so we were pleasantly surprised when it was available for us. Its in a great spot in Waikiki especially if you want to be in the mix of things without the noise of loud crowds... please don't pay attention to the silly wingers complaining about homeless people.. seriously why would you bother mentioning that?? This is a world wide issue, not just in Hawaii and it has nothing to do with the hotel! Besides, its not even a concern for guests, you rarely notice them when you're too busy taking in beautiful Waikiki beach & breath taking views of Diamond Head. The beauty of Park Shore is that its really fantastic value, most other hotels in such a popular tourist area will charge so many hidden extras, while Park Shore gives you extras at no charge (free internet, free use of beach equipment which is so handy.. grab a chair & umbrella & walk 20 steps to the best part of Waikiki beach, free cable,, free ice machine which is great on the way to the beach & an expedia expert in the lobby to help with tours etc it was actually cheaper for us to book our car through them than book online ourselves). Yes it's not 5 star, but it is 5 star for what you get considering the reasonable rates.
Tip: the higher rooms with views of Diamond Head & Waikiki Beach are amazing, pure bliss!
We loved Hawaii & its people so much, we are planning another trip soon & will be back at Park Shore. Thank you team Park Shore!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha jrossifamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful views from your guest room, all of the free amenities that the hotel offers, and our very friendly service professionals. We are delighted that you will be returning again in the future, and will ensure that you have another excellent stay with us.

Maroubra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I chose the snooze-n-crooze package because I had a 10 day reunion to attend so car was essential. Arriving at Honolulu international airport I had no Idea where to go for vehicle pickup, I fudged it and walked across to the middle carriage way and noticed vans with rental logo's on them, 15mins later my van showed up I hailed it down and was taken to pickup my rental car. I have no issue with this company they were polite and return was as simple as hand over keys and that was it. Nothing like the horror stories from past reviews.
My room was the room that faces the other hotel no sea or Diamond Head view, a bit on the tight side for space but this could have all been forgotten if the coffee machine could just make boiling hot coffee. It could only make lukewarm at best and the icebox was not working, I complained and instantly they were replaced but the replacement coffee machine was the same lukewarm coffee, I gave up and bought coffee. Why don't they just have a hot water kettle and microwave oven?
Parking valets were polite and cordial, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank upmiester
Aloha upmiester,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am sorry about the coffeemaker not getting hot as you like it to be. We have not had an issue with this subject previously. We do offer hot water kettles, and they are available upon request. We can have it arranged to be in your room prior to arrival for your next visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Bell/Valet Staff. We are happy that you will be returning again in the future, and will ensure next time that you have an incredible stay with us.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This booking was excellent from the point of the location and less noise than the rest of Waikiki. The 11th floor room facing the ocean AND Diamond Head was very nice. A quirky thing about the AC: it stops if the balcony door is not closed completely. I suppose this saves on electric energy and loss of efficiency to cool, so I think this is a nice thing to have.

The parking was very expensive, but then again, where else can one park in that area? Certainly not at the zoo across the street. Still, at $22 per day, it is not what I would call a bargain,

There are couple of ABC convenience stores at both corners and a Starbucks with a nifty deli place at the ground floor.

I was not happy with the vending area, where there was a single, filthy, microwave oven with no utensils or crockery near by,

The entrance is very close to the beach, but there was a number of homeless sleeping along any benches or close to the pathways leading to the hotel. Not a pretty or safe sight, either, but I suppose this is part of the territory.

This hotel is definitely to be used as a base to visit Honolulu.

Room Tip: Best location is a high floor with ocean view. Don't bring a car, if you don't have to. Park...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Aloha paokara1940,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed our outstanding location and the great views of the Pacific Ocean and Diamond Head. I am sorry that you felt that our Valet Parking fees were very expensive. They are actually one of the lowest rates in Waikiki for Valet Parking and we purposely keep it there. There are actually many hotels that only offer Self Parking and are much more expensive. I apologize for the dirty microwave. This is nomally well maintained, and cleaned several times each day. Perhaps someone just blew up their dinner in there prior to you using it. The homeless issue is a problem throughout Waikiki, and we are doing our best in working with the City and County of Honolulu to improve this situation. I hope that you decide to return again in the future. We will ensure that you have another nice experience with us.

Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is literally steps to the Kuhio Beach Park in Waikiki. The location is fantastic. The hotel has been renovated so the rooms are updated and quite nice. The beds were comfy, the showers had the rainfall shower heads. It would have been nice if the bathroom had the clothesline that you could hang wet bathing suits to dry, as the balcony was likely to blow your drying items off.

The front desk staff was fantastic. Nick helped us out a ton. One really nice touch was that they offered you the use of their hospitality suite to shower and change after we checked out since we had such a long time between check-out and our flight. This allowed us the opportunity to go to the beach and the pool and take in more fun.

It was hard to figure out where to turn in for parking when we arrived, but we figured it out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mandab113
Aloha mandab113,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room, our incredible location, and the one of a kind Hospitality Suite. We look forward to your return visit, and will ensure that you have another fantastic stay with us.