Imagine waking up every morning to a breathtaking view of Diamond Head, the Pacific , and a verdant lush park! Look no further, you've found the right hotel.
Without a doubt the Park Shore occupies the best piece of real estate of any 3 star hotel on Waikiki, and I know the area well. I'd first found this property a few years ago prior to their just completed renovation. The location on the makes for unobstructed views from the oceanview and oceanfront rooms. (We had oceanview - 12th floor.) There are a few in the partial oceanview
category that do provide a decent view as well, though you might find the proximity to your neighbor's balcony a bit disconcerning. I found all of the descriptions of and photos of room categories on the property's web site to be quite accurate. The very adequate pool on the third floor overlooked the ocean and a spacious stretch of beach just across the street
Regarding the renovation, our room had a well sized bathroom with tub and good counter space, a private lanai, and comfy king size bed with new "Perfect Sleeper" mattress. Rooms are on the small side (as is the case with most 3 star Waikiki hotels), but was fine for two on a ten day stay.
Oceanfront rooms are slightly larger, as are the poolview rooms, the later furnished with two queen beds.
A big plus was the quiet central air conditioning system, a feature not always found in more reasonably priced properties. The flat screen TV had a good assortment of channels. The coffee marker was fine for just that, though the many Australian guests longing for a spot of tea will find it just as inadequate for the purpose as all American models. The mini fridge was fine for beverages.
We found the staff to be friendly and quite approachable. Any requests for information or services were immediately addressed. Should you require a king bed, you may want to make that request known to the property in advance.
Rate wise, the Park Shore is one of the more reasonably priced 3 stars in Waikiki. In fact non oceanview rooms can be a bargain. These still have a lanai, and while they face another hotel, I've seen far worse in Honolulu. When comparing prices do note that the property does not charge a resort fee ($25-$30/night), nor do they charge for internet, often adding another $10-$15 nightly. Valet parking is very reasonable in the low twenties per night for those with a car.
Aqua, the management category does work with traditional travel agents, so if you're booking far out, this may be a moneysaving option if you find one knowledgeable about Hawaii. Close in, shop around with their website and an agent. Rates do vary by season and overall hotel occupancy in Honolulu.
The Park Shore Waikiki won't disappoint for those looking for a modern room with a view in the three star category. On our September visit we found mostly guests traveling as couples in a mixture of age groups. The hotel is definitely gay friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Learn more about Park Shore Waikiki during our weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. Need to grab lunch or need some gifts for your family back home? Park Shore Waikiki offers an array of onsite shops and restaurant for your needs. Retail Shops ABC Store (6:00 am – 12:00 midnight) Hans Hedemann Surf School (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Restaurants Lulu’s Restaurant (7:00 am – 10:30 am, 11:00 am – 2:00 am) Starbucks Coffee (4:00 am – 11:00 pm) Tucker & Bevvy (6:00 am – 7:30 pm) Yoshitsune Japanese Restaurant (Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am Lunch 11:00 am – 2:30 pm) Dinner 5:30 am – 10:30 pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splitty, Agoda, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu