“Should have left when we had the chance” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pagoda Floating Restaurant

Pagoda Floating Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pagoda Floating Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #475 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Keeaumoku
Description: Escape and experience Pagoda's enchanting waterfall and serene Asian garden as you feast on one of our savory International dinner buffets, or our traditional menu infused with local favorites during breakfast or lunch. The Pagoda floating restaurant offers private dining for intimate gatherings and banquet rooms for large parties accommodating up to 400.
Hawaii
“Should have left when we had the chance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I've been to the buffet and food was alright, at least there was a variety to choose from. We went on a Tuesday and should have left as soon as we found out that the buffet was not available. There was only one table seated and that should have been our out. We stayed and ordered from the menu. Very limited menu. I tried to order the chef's special, beef short ribs but was talked out of it by the server. He said, "you no like eat that, the rib eye is better," so I changed my order. Then he turned back to me and asked, "and what will you be having?" Hello!!!!! I just ordered. We also ordered the butterfish, salmon, and the ahi appetizer. Funny, the appetizer was bigger than the regular plates. The server was overwhelmed by our party of seven, his only table. Although he was nice, he needed to be retrained. Prices ranged from $20-$30. Really hope they improve because they've been around for so long. Another thing changed, no free on-site parking. You pay at this meter. Maybe that's why there weren't crowded. Or is it the food? So, sad.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MissG67

• Korean first
Maui, Hawaii
“Good servers - food adequate, nothing special till the Eggs Benedict”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed in the attached hotel, had three meals here. First night, Saturday was quite interesting as the hostess thought I was there for the buffet, but her accent was so bad I couldn't catch what she was saying. No, not interested in that much food. Was seated in the central part of the restaurant, which is circular. The outer edges of the room have long courses of tables which can seat large parties. And the families were there.
Chose the salmon. It was nicely cooked, still moist but there was a weird sauce on top and that didn't enhance the fish. Wasabi potatoes weren't terribly spicy. Vegies do come with the entree but are not mentioned on the menu, if I recall correctly. Cost too much for what I got, but then I'm in HNL.
Had two breakfasts there. One was the French toast using local Hawaiian sweet bread (which is from the Portugese immigrants' kitchen staples). It was ok. Nice presentation.
The last breakfast there was the photo attached. Seriously excellent Canadian bacon on the Eggs Benedict! Cut thick, I've not seen it in that form for ages. The egg whites were ever so slightly not cooked through but only by about 30 seconds to a minute. Didn't want the extra carb from the rice or potato options. Server got the side of bacon as shown, instead. Fee for this breakfast was $12. Considering how many hours it kept me fueled, I only needed dinner later in the day.
Didn't know of the other options in the neighborhood, but will explore further another time.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Makalani
Honolulu, Hawaii
“buffet no can beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

lots of choices with the buffet. local, western, japanese you name it they got it
affordable price with an unbeatable view of a koi pond surrounding the restaurant and a water fall.
perfect location in town

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bern C
vernon bc
“All that's missing is Don Ho”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The floating Pagoda is like slipping back in time. It has been around for about five decades and still rocks! We had breakfast and really enjoyed it. The waiter was great, the atmosphere fun, the food ,well it was described to us as " Hawaiian comfort food" which means local style diner stuff. I had the corn beef hash with my eggs and Bra... It was GOOD! My wife just had a simple English muffin...bathed and fried in a stick. O. Butter! Mmmmmmm.

Lots of locals means foods good, prices reasonable, old time Hawaiian (60's) atmosphere. A good time......Go , have fun, feed the fish..you'll see!

• Visited October 2013
Lawai, HI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reasonably priced good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband had the Japanese breakfast and enjoyed it very much. Mine was a good "American" style. Dinner was delicious and I loved the wasabi mashed potatoes. Wait staff very friendly and courteous.

Visited October 2013