2,331 results
All reviews hilton lagoon full kitchen waikiki beach rentals private condo jack lord ocean view ala moana friday night fireworks red lobster the hilton hawaiian village large balcony living area across the street valet parking fireworks show convenience store bit dated
Reviewed February 23, 2010

This hotel was wonderful for the $ we paid. The lobby and courtyard was so pretty and the hotel is located right in the middle of everything so you don't need a rental car unless you want to go to North Shore like we did. The Ilikai was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The free continental breakfast was the same everyday with cereals, bagels, juices, and pasties, but fresh. You can pay $5 and upgrade to hot breakfast such as omelets, scrambled eggs, and such. We had a 2 bedrooms suite with Kitchen with full ocean view and loved it. Our housekeeper, Espie, was a dear and took pride in her work. We gave her a nice tip and all the extras we left behind. We paid for the valet parking ($18 daily) because we had a rental car and didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of finding a parking spot. The attendants were very fast on getting our car. The Hilton next door sets off fireworks every Friday night and we watched them from our balcony - what a show! We even saw a whale and baby swim by and breach in the water from our balcony. You can sun bath at the Hilton lagoon next door or keep walking and pick a spot on the beach near the shops and food vendors. We parked daily in front of the Hale Koa since we are military and were able to use their pool and food shops. I highly recommend the Ilikai for your stay in Waikiki. It was actually cheaper for us there than at the Hale Koa (go figure). I see no reason to pay more when the Ilikai offers it all.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank NHhenlady
Reviewed February 17, 2010

If you're looking for a place to stay around Waikiki/Ala Moana, I highly recommend this hotel. Service was excellent and our rooms were big. Location was excellent too. My husband and I checked out of our initial hotel due to extremely poor service and moved to this one; it was the best decision we made on our Hawaii trip.

The Ilikai is an extremely great deal for what you pay for. I can't get over how happy we were. Everyone was so friendly and it was a great experience overall. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 9, 2010

When my husband and I first pulled up to the Ilikai, we were a bit freaked out...we approached from the side with the apt building that is seriously run down and looked pretty ghetto. So, we were very happy to find that we were not staying in that building and were shown to our enormous 26th floor room with a huge balcony and fantastic views! There are no other views like this that I've seen in Honolulu, of the ocean, marina and city! There can be no doubt that the Ilikai is old school (which I happen to love,) but the giant rooms and very reasonable price made it a terrific find...in fact, I'm on line now looking for a reservation for next winter!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

*enjoyed our stay from the moment we arrived
*hosts and staff members go out of their way to make one feel welcome and to ensure you are receiving the best of everything
*immediate responses to queries and travel suggestions, as well as execution of travel plans and details on the guest's behalf
*very clean rooms with all appliances and cooking utensils for gourmet meals
*top class restaurant at the top of the hotel with outdoor elevator and spectacular view
*excellent location at the entrance to Waikiki Beach and only one block from the Ala Moana Shopping Center
*Various fast food and authentic asian restaurants, as well as high end establishments within walking distance
*city bus stops at the front of the hotel
*would revisit next trip to Honolulu

Reviewed January 19, 2010

We just came back from our wonderful trip to Honolulu. My husband made
reservations to stay at the Ilikai Hotel and Condos. We wanted a condo
because my sister was travelling with us and he wanted her to have her
own room. We stayed in suite 2343 on the 23rd floor with wrap around
balconies. We were in the MAKAI WING. The view was to die for. My sister and I couldn't walk out on the balconies because we are scared of height and we just froze.
Hubby had to go out on the balcony to take the pics. Having a condo
was a nice splurge as we had so much room. We had plenty of room
to move around. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The kitchen
was ALRIGHT. No full size frig and no oven. It does have a stove top.
We had daily maid service. Our only complaint staying here was there
is no central air conditioning. There was one unit in the main area
and another unit in the master bedroom. They both had remotes
which were not user friendly. No vents in the bathrooms nor the
2nd bedroom. My sister complained of being warm at night so we
had to keep the main unit as low as we could get it. There are
no special ammenities in the lobby or the pool. We sat at the
pool a few times but mostly went next door to the Hilton Hawaiian Village
and used their beach. Everything about the Hilton complex was beautiful.
If I only needed one bedroom, I would stay at this Hilton complex. Tons
of shopping, restaurants and a beautiful beach.
We took the advise of some of the readers here and didn't rent a car.
There is a trolley that goes around Waikiki Beach and it only costs
$2.00 each time you get on it. We went everywhere on this trolley.
We even found a walmart near the mall. We went on an island tour
so we got around without needing a car to see north Beach.
Weather was perfect. We only had one day of rain.
We used ALOHA VIP TOURS to pick us up at the airport.
The provided a free breakfast the next day and we signed up
for 2 tours, a dinner cruise on the ALI'I KAI CATAMARAN. this was so
much fun. we got to dance including the electric slide among others.
We went on a lauau and i believe it was called Gremins. Lots of
good entertainment. The food wasn't too bad.

We came home believing we had just vacationed in paradise.
We even saw a whale from our 23rd floor condo.

1  Thank Myrna D