“Loved our stay”

Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Logansport, Indiana
“Loved our stay”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My first trip to Hawaii was 25 years ago and I stayed at the Ilikai and loved it. So when I decided to return last October, the Ilikai was my place of choice. I booked a room direct thru the hotel and reserved a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite for my 2 nieces, my sister-in-law and myself. We absolutely loved the room. I have to admit it was a bit dated but comfortable and very clean. The beds take all prizes for comfort, having a full kitchen was great for morning coffee and breakfast on the lanai. The view from our 25th floor lanai was a breathtaking ocean view. The hotel is walking distance to most anywhere and if you can't walk there, the trolley and bus is right at the hotel door. Was it anything like 25 years ago???? It was more built up around the hotel but my stay was better than 25 years ago. Excellent service from the staff and unlike staying at a rented condo we had to do nothing except enjoy our vacation.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the South side give you more for the money
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vicki B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (683)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 21, 2014

As my family and I got to the hotel after having booked through Expedia we were surprised with an upgrade and offered a room on the 25th floor. The stunning views and proximity to all attractions made this hotel a great choice. The pool might not be attractive but with so many beaches to visit we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors make a difference
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank SILVIABRE
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I returned to Honolulu and the Ilikai after a very long time away. The last time I stayed in the Ilikai about 20 years ago i thought the hotel was ok, but not great. I recently returned for a business trip and was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, the lobby and courtyard area were stylish and pleasant, and the entry way was spectacular. My room was large, comfortable, very clean and had a spectacular view. And my thanks to Cliff the bellman, who went out of his way to assist me getting to the airport on time. I look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up. The views get better the higher you are.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Navigator_909
AU
Reviewed January 16, 2014

When my daughter gave us 2 weeks to plan her wedding and on New Years Eve (yikes) I was in a panic to figure out what/where/when. That is when Terry of the Ilikai came to my rescue. He and his staff made sure that they not only had a room to view the NYE fireworks as they had asked for, but made the room and experience one to truly remember fondly. I cannot thank them enough for the special attention they gave us and the attention to detail that made my daughter and her fiance's day incredibly lovely. I would highly recommend the Ilikai for weddings and events or just as a great place to stay. The rates are fabulous and the service and accomodations even more so.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We spend 9 nights at the Ilikai this January and loved every minute of it. Called to book the room direct through the Ilikai Hotel and got a very good rate. Booked an ocean view room with a kitchen for not too many more $ and were able to check in as soon as we got to the hotel from our early flight arrival from Australia. Fabulous views over the marina and ocean, stunning sunsets and lovely breezes and no street noise. Quiet enough to leave the balcony door open during the night. The hotel is clean, room serviced daily, beach towels available from check in and tour/activities desk in the foyer as well as a mini mart, coffee shop and the Ilikai Bar and Grill which give you 10%discount. Coin laundries on every floor and ice machines available also. 10 minutes walk to Ala Moana Shopping Centre as well as Walmart and Ross Dress for Less. 15 minutes walk to the major Waikiki beach past the Hilton Village, Fort De Russy Park etc. The Ilikai is in a great position and has an affordable ocean view. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ocean view with kitchen, high floor (not necessary)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Marianne S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Our stay there was easy and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and genuine from beginning to end. The location is great, it's practically in between Ala Moana and Waikiki. If your not bothered walking, or have too many shopping bags, its a cheap cab ride back. The pool is average, but with the beach further down, it doesn't matter.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Somerset, UK
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at the ilikai on our second trip to Hawaii. Previously we ahd stayed at the other end of town so i wanted to check out what the other end had to offer.
We went for the Ilikai in the end because it was reasonably priced and my husband loves Hawaii 50 so the fact that it features in the opening sequence clinched it!
It is in a good location at the far end of the beach right next to the harbour and the lagoon at the hilton - which is open for all to use.
The rooms were clean and large (we were upgraded to a suite which had a seating area and kitchen - which was great as we could have breakfast in our room rather than spending to eat out every morning) but could do with an updtae perhaps...although it was functional and practical.
we did not use the pool area but there was a bar serving snacks and drinks etc and a handy coffee bar too which i would recommend for breakfast Kona coffee!
We rented some beach chairs which were fantastic and great to use on the busy waikiki beach and near the lagoon.
I would recommend this hotel, good value and good location.

Room Tip: we didnt use our balcony at all as it faced the road so wasnt partcularly sunny or private. IF thats...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple