We had a room with an ocean view (Marina). It has a nice size balcony with a table for two. Perfect for relaxing and viewing the sunset. The valet is $25/day, which isn't too bad since you have in and out privilege and the convenience. You would only save a few dollars if you park else where so it was not worth it for us.
It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the main Waikiki area at a moderate pace.
I'm a light sleeper so the negative is the noise that we heard from our room:
1) Our room was right next to the elevator, so we heard the elevator most of the night. The front desk was willing to move us to another room, but we opted not to since the other room doesn't have a nice view.
2) There was a loud ticking one of the nights. Don't know what it was, but it was very loud. Was too tired to do further investigation.
3) We like to sleep with the balcony door open for the fresh air. The nuisance with that is our neighbors like to hang out in their balcony and talk very loudly. Again, we could have moved, but that would not guarantee a quiet neighbor.
Overall, the hotel is fine for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
The Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites is a classic oceanfront hotel situated on the Ala Wai Yacht Marina at the edge of Waikiki and just a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and 2 blocks to the Hawaii Convention Center. Internationally-recognized as the famous opening shot of Hawaii Five-O with Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett standing on the penthouse balcony overlooking Waikiki Beach, the hotel is truly a Waikiki landmark. Each guest room and suite features extra spacious accommodations with a large lanai offering fabulous views. The hotel walkway from the lobby leads to the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon and beach.
With our hospitality fee for all stays, Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi throughout the hotel, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, and Water in Lobby, You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, fitness room, coffee shop, rooftop restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilikai Hotel And Suites
- Ilikai Hotel Hawaii
- Ilikai Honolulu
- Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites Hawaii/Honolulu