2,318 results
All reviewshilton lagoonfull kitchenwaikiki beach rentalsprivate condojack lordocean viewala moanafriday night fireworksred lobsterthe hilton hawaiian villagelarge balconyliving areaacross the streetvalet parkingfireworks showconvenience storebit dated
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The features that greeted us in the hotel as we entered such as the beautiful flower arrangements etc looked superb, the friendliness of the staff made us feel very welcomed. We saw staff continually cleaning, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping every day keeping the hoel and surrounding areas immaculate. Our condo was a great, everything we needed was there, the bed was very comfortable, the kitchen more than adequate and the view from our room magnificent. In all our stay was wonderful and we look forward to returning some time soon.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Rented one of the vacation condos available at the Ilikai for a week. Hotel and condo properties are exteremely well maintained. Our condo had a fabulous view, very nice accomodations, comfortable furniture and beds, and the unit was fully equiped. Even had beach chairs and mats etc for our use. The only problem we encountered was slow elevators. At any given time only 3 of the 6 elevators were working and the place is VERY busy - lots of people coming and going - so during the morning hours or early evening hours you could wait for 15 to 20 minutes before there would be room for us in one of the elevators. Sometimes it was better to catch one going up - just to go down.

The Ilikai is located at the top end of Waikiki Beach and it makes it close to many restuarants small shops (like the ABC Stores) and the Ala Moana shoping Center. It is also right on the main bus lines and tour bus stops. This made it extremely easy to get anywhere we wanted to go. All the bus drivers were very helpful if you let them know where you were trying to go.

It was a great place to stay - and we plan on going agin next year!

Room Tip: Beach or harbor view was awesome.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The condo is very nice. But, the property management of the Ilikai makes this place not kid friendly at all. If you have just the slightest bit of sand on your feet, you will be reprimanded by security. Oh, and if you want to swim with your kids in the pool, there is no jumping, if you want to play in the pool, they call it horseplay. When you ask for management, you get security officers. We made reservations to stay for 7 days, but left after two as my family and I felt as though we were staying in a prison. When I notified the owner that we made arrangements to move to a place where we could actually have some fun (this was a vacation after all), the owner apologized for the terrible experience. I did ask the owner if she would consider refunding the money (I do acknowledge the reservation was non-refundable) for the time we did not stay, and her response was I am sorry, I can not refund your money, I can not rent the place out now... Very disappointing, after she was very helpful in recommending places to eat, beaches to visit, ect. It is probably a great place for people on business, or perhaps just couples, but NOT if you are bringing your children...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank VacationersfromTN
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I travelled to Oahu by myself. I was origianally planning on staying long term at a condo (one month lease) but plans changed. The condo I was looking at to rent was at the Ilikai. I later discovered there was also a hotel at this location, and the price to stay on the beach in Waikiki was fantastic. I was so happy I stayed here.

My original budget allowed me to stay here (treat myself to room with ocean view) and the sapend the second half of my vacation at a less expensive hotel a couple blocks away from the ocean. NOTE: this was bad judgemnet on my part; I should have stayed at the Ilikai the whole time!

The hotel itself looked dated from the outside. The lobby was open and airy. I was pleasantly surprsied at my room... It was one of the largest rooms I've stayed in at a hotel. The furnishings were new, and the room was clean. There was a tiny bar fridge. My room had an awesome view (ocean, Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Lagoon). I often visited the Hilton Hawaiian Village next door (which is awesome and goes on forever).

The price for this hotel was very competitive.

As a solo traveller, I felt safe at this hotel, but not safe walking on the street out front of this hotel at night. I still did go ut alone though, and had no problems.

The location was perfect for me... There's a hugh resort next door, awesome views of the lagoon and marina, it's the start of Waikiki beach (so it's not incredibly crowded here), you can catch the city buses out front that take you over the whole island, there was a McDonalds and popular chicken wing place across the road (as well as car rental).

The clientele seemed to mostly seniors (and re-occurring) guests here. I'm in my 30s, but was ok with that. I had no troubles.

The restaurant up top has fantastic views and amazing prices for an italian meal if you can get there during happy hour.

Also, there was a laundry facilty and pop machine on my floor for reasonable prices.

This building is a combo of a hotel, time share and condo.

Room Tip: go online and check it out...choose what appeals most to you.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank JulesReviews
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The Ilikai Hotel & Suites was great this trip August 29th to September 13th. A wonderful 15 day stay. The staff remembered us and treated us great. The Ilikai Bar and Grill had excellent food and lots of it. The Mt Kaala Coffee Shop was a great change. The room had a great view of the lagoon and ocean. It was a a clean and comfortable 500 square foot kitchen unit. It gave us a spectacular view of the fireworks shows on Friday nights. Looking forward to seeing the new stores on the main level the next time we visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple