2,314 results
All reviewshilton lagoonfull kitchenwaikiki beach rentalsprivate condojack lordocean viewala moanafriday night fireworksred lobsterthe hilton hawaiian villagelarge balconyliving areaacross the streetvalet parkingconvenience storebit datedvalet service
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The condo is very nice. But, the property management of the Ilikai makes this place not kid friendly at all. If you have just the slightest bit of sand on your feet, you will be reprimanded by security. Oh, and if you want to swim with your kids in the pool, there is no jumping, if you want to play in the pool, they call it horseplay. When you ask for management, you get security officers. We made reservations to stay for 7 days, but left after two as my family and I felt as though we were staying in a prison. When I notified the owner that we made arrangements to move to a place where we could actually have some fun (this was a vacation after all), the owner apologized for the terrible experience. I did ask the owner if she would consider refunding the money (I do acknowledge the reservation was non-refundable) for the time we did not stay, and her response was I am sorry, I can not refund your money, I can not rent the place out now... Very disappointing, after she was very helpful in recommending places to eat, beaches to visit, ect. It is probably a great place for people on business, or perhaps just couples, but NOT if you are bringing your children...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank VacationersfromTN
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I travelled to Oahu by myself. I was origianally planning on staying long term at a condo (one month lease) but plans changed. The condo I was looking at to rent was at the Ilikai. I later discovered there was also a hotel at this location, and the price to stay on the beach in Waikiki was fantastic. I was so happy I stayed here.

My original budget allowed me to stay here (treat myself to room with ocean view) and the sapend the second half of my vacation at a less expensive hotel a couple blocks away from the ocean. NOTE: this was bad judgemnet on my part; I should have stayed at the Ilikai the whole time!

The hotel itself looked dated from the outside. The lobby was open and airy. I was pleasantly surprsied at my room... It was one of the largest rooms I've stayed in at a hotel. The furnishings were new, and the room was clean. There was a tiny bar fridge. My room had an awesome view (ocean, Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Lagoon). I often visited the Hilton Hawaiian Village next door (which is awesome and goes on forever).

The price for this hotel was very competitive.

As a solo traveller, I felt safe at this hotel, but not safe walking on the street out front of this hotel at night. I still did go ut alone though, and had no problems.

The location was perfect for me... There's a hugh resort next door, awesome views of the lagoon and marina, it's the start of Waikiki beach (so it's not incredibly crowded here), you can catch the city buses out front that take you over the whole island, there was a McDonalds and popular chicken wing place across the road (as well as car rental).

The clientele seemed to mostly seniors (and re-occurring) guests here. I'm in my 30s, but was ok with that. I had no troubles.

The restaurant up top has fantastic views and amazing prices for an italian meal if you can get there during happy hour.

Also, there was a laundry facilty and pop machine on my floor for reasonable prices.

This building is a combo of a hotel, time share and condo.

Room Tip: go online and check it out...choose what appeals most to you.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank JulesReviews
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The Ilikai Hotel & Suites was great this trip August 29th to September 13th. A wonderful 15 day stay. The staff remembered us and treated us great. The Ilikai Bar and Grill had excellent food and lots of it. The Mt Kaala Coffee Shop was a great change. The room had a great view of the lagoon and ocean. It was a a clean and comfortable 500 square foot kitchen unit. It gave us a spectacular view of the fireworks shows on Friday nights. Looking forward to seeing the new stores on the main level the next time we visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bonesman
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Aside from the fact that less than 50% of the lifts were working at any one time, which made traveling to and from the 19th floor a chore, we realty enjoyed our stay. Quaint apartment with everything you need for a comfy stay. Friendly hotel staff too. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank MarciaYianni
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed for there nights at the SVC timesheet that we traded with RCI. Very nice studio with full kitchen. Granite counters. Upgraded bathroom with beautiful file. Has ac. Nice oceanview from balcony. Could see luau at Hilton Hawaiian Village from our room. Close to water. Nice grounds and lobby. Extremely nice staff throughout. Timeshare staff were extremely helpful and nice....much different than past experiences with timeshare trades. Short 2 min walk to Waikiki. Within walking distance of Ala Moana Center. One block from tons of Waikiki shopping. Great beaches and surfing.

• Stayed: September 2011