2,318 results
All reviewshilton lagoonfull kitchenwaikiki beach rentalsprivate condojack lordocean viewala moanafriday night fireworksred lobsterthe hilton hawaiian villagelarge balconyliving areaacross the streetvalet parkingfireworks showconvenience storebit dated
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Ilikai is down to earth and pleasant, and conveniently located at the end of Waikiki Beach, not on the beach, you have to walk about 5 minutes to get there. Also close to Ala Moana Shopping Center, about a 10 minute walk. But the price this time (August 2011) was $170/night, compared with about $110/night just 18 months ago (in December 2009). That is getting pricey, so I'll look at other hotels on my next trip. Air conditioner was a bit noisy. Otherwise, great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Paul_Doumer
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The condo was well equipped with a great view of the lagoon and beach. The furniture is very comfortable, especially the bed, and the kitchen is modern and has everything you need. The beach gear was also a plus. It's a 5 minute walk to the beach and lagoon and is very close to shops, and there are plenty of great eating options nearby.

There's a lot of different parking options but we went with the hotel valet which was kind of steep, but well worth every penny...very convenient at the end of a long evening or adventure filled day.

My only suggestion would be to have another mirror somewhere outside of the bathroom. We were there for a friend's wedding so getting ready with 1 mirror was tough, but the bathroom is very roomy so it worked out well anyway. We had some friends over 1 evening and they were impressed with the condo too.

Communication with the owner was easy and she made sure that we had everything we needed for our stay. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lea T
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We just rented a condo in this building for ten days. I did some involved research before going and everything was pretty bang on. The condo itself was quite lovely inside after being renovated the last year or so. The stainless steel kitchen and granite tops were quite ample and I did cook quite a lot of our meals there with no problem. It was nice to cook with the ocean view. The smoke alarm would go off but there is a button on there to 'push to hush'! The bathroom was fine except that we had a unit (2124) that had a japanese soaking tub...not the easiest thing to get in and out of and it didn't really drain that well. The beds were comfortable but just a double size. The living area a hit with my 11 year old boy who liked to have his time there while we sat on the lanai most of the time. At first I was scared of the high height but I knew this at the time of booking and I just wanted to have the views. That I was not disappointed on as the views were amazing - the ocean, the lagoon, towards Diamond Head. The luxury tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel was right opposite us and we would drink our wine just staring at it and wondering who could afford the penthouses on top! I actually felt sorry for the people in them as their view was the Ilikai which to be honest looks like an old rundown block of flats in my native UK.The view of their pools was also great and a nightly luau was our entertainment. The walk right into Waikiki was OK but if you're doing it everyday you might want to wear runners. Buy your groceries at Foodland which is walkable to the Ala Moana Mall on the NW corner, 2nd level. Cab back cost $10 with tip. Book any trips with Summer Sells, the concierge at the Ilikai (that's acutally her name) she was very informative and her prices came out cheaper than when I looked online. We ate at the bar and grill only once. Unfortunately it was about 9:30pm at night, the tables were dark and my son ordered a cheeseburger. It wasn't until the last few bites that I noticed it was still pink. They took it back and said it was medium rare. I was furious at myself for not checking at first. The waiter said he would not charge us for it but with a laugh said he couldn't pay for the hospital bill. That put us off for the rest of the holiday but fortunately my son did not get sick.

Overall a very affordable and comfortable place to stay. No problems with the private rental of codes to get in and payment.

Room Tip: If you like sun on the balcony to top up the tan rooms 28-the elevators don't get it at all.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Gilly2000
Reviewed August 17, 2011

A nice reasonably priced hotel that includes kitchen units and a great city or ocean view. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is a wheelchair accessible room and lots of elevators. No restaurant on site however. All units have a nice large balcony area. Washing machines are also available. Parking available for extra fee. Located just on the outskirts of Waikiki, you can avoid the noise and traffic. Within walking distance of Ala Moana Park and Shopping Center. Located next door to the Hilton so you can watch the fireworks display every Friday night!

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchen!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank TnEShlaes
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We (family of 4, kids are 13 &11) stayed in condo 2032 (rented from VRBO) for 1 week in July at the beginning of our 4 week trip to Hawaii. The condo is exactly as pictured and the view is beautiful. Having a kitchen was a huge benefit. The location was perfect for us, with a very nice walk down the beach to the heart of Waikiki for shopping or dining. Ala Moana Centre is just a 10 min walk the other way, with everything you need, and there is an ABC store right across the street from the Ilikai. The Hilton Lagoon was great for the kids and they loved renting the stand up paddle boards. The beach is rocky, so water shoes are a good idea for the ocean, but otherwise, the Ilikai and Waikiki were a perfect fit for us. The Bar and Grill on the main level past the lobby had very good food. We ate there for breakfast and dinner, all good. Honolulu is a great city with lots to see and do. I recommend hiking Diamond Head, taking in all the sites and museums at the Pearl Harbor site, and definitely take a day and spend it on the North Shore! We stopped at Shark's Cove, Waimea Valley where you can swim under the falls, and absolutely go to Macky's shrimp truck for lunch while in Hale'iwa town! It parks beside the 7-11 on the edge of town--the best garlic shrimp around! (this was a tip by a local and we were SO glad we had lunch there!) Then grab a Shave Ice at Matsumto right on the main road in town. Enjoy Sam's condo and the area, it was a blast for us and we wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Ilikai again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family