“Best in Oahu!”

Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Seattle area
“Best in Oahu!”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

This is my favorite hotel. I don't know how it could be rated 3.5 stars. This has the decor and the service of a 5 star hotel. Waikiki Hilton Prince Kuhio is in the ABSOLUTE perfect location. literally one block from the sand, and everything you need right outside. ABC store in lobby and across the street. Gorgeous room, PERFECT BEDS. Beautiful bathroom. Yes it's glass, but you can't see through. Nice balcony. (I had an ocean view room on like the 14th floor. PERFECT. Everyone from front desk to conceirge to room service greeted us and tried to make friendly conversation. We ordered room service once, wonderful and delicious. We ordered food to go from the restaurant downstairs, wonderful and delicious. I loved just relaxing in the lobby and the outside courtyard area is gorgeous. Like i said, waikiki beach and restaurants are one block away. This area is live at all hours. Never heard or was disturbed by room service or noise from anywhere. also black out drapes so we could wake when we wanted.
I was picked up by a trolley, a bus, a shuttle, a tour bus, anything, all right in front of my hotel. So convenient!
Also a nice pool on a roof area on one of the floors. It was very nice. Had a little Snack bar out there and I had the friendly man serve me a deliciouuuus Pina Colada!
This hotel gave me a lasting impression and love for Oahu. Even with all the many many choices to choose from next time I visit, without a doubt I will be right back at the Hilton Prince Kuhio.

Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SeattleSweetheart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We knew this hotel when it was a Radisson. It was a good hotel in a good location and we stayed there with my family a couple of times. To my surprise, they totally refurbished it since it is a Hilton I guess and now it is simply a beauty!!! The carpets all over the hotel were changed boasting cheerful yet tasteful, modern patterns and colours. The room was just stunning, very modern. Very nice colours but not too bold, not the dusty usual stuff you have in impersonal hotels. Flat TV.The way they refurbished the bathroom was the result of a geniuous mind: all glass walls to let the light in, ultramodern sink, an inviting clean shower, every little space was cleverly used to serve, yet not to obscure or to burden. There were metal colour venetians on the glass wallsthat you could close for privacy...The bed was the crispier, nicest, whitest bed ever!! Room service was always there, bringing more and more new towels, just perfect. The staff was welcoming, smiling and friendly! I was so glad that we were heading back to the same hotel after 10 days!! It was a true pleasure!

• Stayed March 2010
4 Thank Cecilia K
General_Manager_HI, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2010
Angel-Feather,

I was happy to read you enjoyed our new look after our $70M renovation. Our interior designer will be thrilled that you found her design wonderful and personable. I was also happy to see you found the staff smiling and friendly. They are the best!

Sydney
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I holidayed at the Hilton Price Kuhio in February and I have to admit while the décor etc may be five star, our stay wasn’t quite what I had hoped for or experienced on previous occasions (I will clarify and say the other times the hotel was a Radisson).

The only word I can use to describe this hotel is soulless. Upon arrival at 11am we were informed, before we had even asked, that check in was 3pm and not 11am. Obviously we were aware of this but wanted to check our bags in. After over 15 hours on the go a smile would have gone a long way. Having said that, the staff were never rude, merely indifferent.

The rooms were nice but what I couldn’t fathom was why the wardrobe was in the bathroom. Who is going to hang clothes in there to become damp?

The views are amazing – that is one thing that is fabulous.

Mac 24/7 looks more like a nightclub than a restaurant BUT the food (room service) was good.

The business centre is hardly equipped to handle the amount of people who stay there (4 computers). Although it is complimentary.

A big disappointment was the pool. On our last visit Miles and Gannon (bartenders) ran that place with precision and a smile! We had many a good late afternoon watching sport on the big screens and meeting people from all over the world – you guessed it, round the pool/bar! The pool is no basically a forgotten “no go” zone. It is like a ghost town, so we went and spent our money elsewhere.

I know all of these points may sound odd but I go to Hawaii to swim, shop, go to the beach and relax around the pool (the beach becomes too crowded after a while and a pool is a nice alternative).

Different people look for different things and I will say if you are looking for a hotel to lay down your head for a few days; it would be perfect (I noticed a lot of airline staff stayed there on stop over).

I appreciate to a lot of people this hotel would be a 4 to 5 star based on decor, rooms, views etc. I just go a little deeper and look at the whole offering and I'd prefer somewhere with more atmosphere and soul.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank allym72
Allym72,

Thank you for your review and welcome back. I appreciate the thought and time you took to send me your experience. It seems we have some work to do before your next visit. It is through constructive reviews such as yours that will assist us in improving our services to our guests.

Many thanks.

Brooklyn
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I had a great time at the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio. The whole experience was great. The room was great; excellent housekeeping staff, great mountain view - close enough but far enough to be peaceful. Great bus service on the corner.

A special recognition to Nick - I am happy to report that I receive the great service I read about from him. He is doing a wonderful job and is pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank chanval
Chanval,

I was happy to read you enjoyed your visit to Hawaii and the Hilton Prince Kuhio. As you can see from previous reviews I am also very fond of our mountainviews, am glad you enjyed it. Thank you for the five star rating. I wll also share with Nick your kind comments.

Come back soon.

Versailles, Missouri
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Hilton has always had the best beds, but Hawaii out did themselves! And the food in the restaurant, well, one order fed two people and we were very content.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Wichita, KS
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Spring break trip from Wichita, KS. My wife and I are Hilton people, so we basically had the choice between this hotel and the Hawaiian Village. After reading the reviews, we picked Prince Kuhio to avoid all the noisey kids that populate the Hawaiian Village. Boy, did we ever make the right choice. The Hilton Prince Kuhio was super in almost all respects. We like quiet, and we got it. Not a kid in sight. This is a hotel for adults. The hotel is average in size, and that was just right for us -- no glitz that would attract tourists wandering through (we did that in the other hotels). We had an ocean view room on the eighth floor -- perfect. The top of the palm trees reached right up to our balcony. We could see Diamondhead down the street to our left. Room was very nice. Towels were thick and fluffy. Everything in the room worked correctly. Beds were comfortable. Housekeeping staff was very friendly. We got an extra two hours to check out at 2:00pm since our flight departed at 9:30 pm. One of the absolute best parts of the trip was sitting on the balcony every morning with our coffee (made in the room) and fresh fruit danishes that were purchased down the street at an outdoor cafe at the Pacific Beach Hotel. We were in heaven. Only downside to the room was the almost constant traffic noise just below on Kuhio St. All the buses travel in droves down this street. That didn't bother us during the day, but it was tough at night (had to put earplugs in to cut down on the noise). But, the upside is the convenience of catching the bus. Hotel pool is a big nothing; but we didn't care about that. When we come back (AND WE WILL COME BACK), this will be our hotel. Honolulu is our new favorite vacation spot -- tranquil and beautiful and WARM (not hot).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pennstate
General_Manager_HI, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Pennstate,

Thank you for your review and five star rating. I was happy to read that Hawaii has become your new favorite location and so has the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio.

Don't stay away too long.

boxboy11
Reviewed March 17, 2010

The hotel was wonderful. We had an oceanview room on the 21st floor. The room was small but had everything we needed. It is located 2 blocks off the main street of Waikiki, but is on Kuhio which is where you need to be to catch all the buses and trolleys. There is a stop for both right in the front of the hotel.
They have a 24 hr resturant with room service. We only ate there once and it was good. With all the available resturants in the area we tried different ones each day.
We were lucky to be on the island during the Honolulu Festival - it was awesome.
The only thing I can say that we did not like was the fact that we were in the room next to the elevators. They weren't to loud, but we would have rathered not been in that room. Unfortunately all floors have a room next to the. So if you book ask not to be in those rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boxboy11
General_Manager_HI, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Boxboy11,

Thank you for wonderful comments and star rating. It is much appreciated. Our oceanviews are fantastic but our mountainviews are just as spectacular. When nighttime falls and all the lights are twinkling you can sit on your lanai, relax and feel like you are in space but closer to the stars.