“everything we expect of a hotel & a decent price too”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
uk
“everything we expect of a hotel & a decent price too”
Reviewed January 29, 2010

5-10mins from the beach, nice clean rooms with all necessary , very helpful staff. Pool on the roof is nice, but the jacuzzi was too hot! Drinks at the bars are way over priced.
useful tour booking agent in the reception area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank j100_99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monaco
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I arrived one day before expected, the hotel was full but the team found a solution ! Great breakfast, great diner, very clean room... it would be faster to tell what was wrong : nothing :)

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mcvyger
Boston
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I have stayed at Prince Kuhio 5 times now, it has become my regular spot in Waikiki. I don't like glitzy or luxury hotels, and Prince Kuhio is basic, very nice, and the recent redecorations are very tasteful. I love the balconies, and the upper stories on the ocean side have a fantastic view. Have breakfast outside and gaze at the ocean. Several times the hotel has upgraded me to executive floor at no charge.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Marc_in_MA
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed January 22, 2010

upon arriving I was told I was upgraded to a room with a ocean view, once I got to the room I noticed it was a room for people with disabilities, I am well over 6' tall so everything in the room is lowered for wheelchairs, once I got settled in I decided to take a shower, when I stepped into the shower my head was hitting the ceiling, when I looked up at the ceiling there was this black mold all over it, I got out of the shower went to the sink, turned on the water, brown water came out of the tap and thousands of ants starting crawling out of the drain, when I went to the front desk to complain they told me they would see about moving me to a different room, they ended up putting me next to the top floor, this room was not much better, at least I could fit in the shower. I wrote to Hilton headquarters to complain about the room, they did absolutely nothing to see to it that things would change, I am now staying at another hotel when I visit the island and would never ever recommend this hotel, maybe to some one I don't really like.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank Cotlev
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 18, 2010

If you want a place that gives you a memorable stay - the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel is the best! The staff is friendly (Mahalo, Fells), the location is convenient to everything in Waikiki (including the beach), the Hang 10 pool bar is awesome, they have a 24 hour restaurant with great portions at a good price, the view is spectacular, and there is just no better place you can stay. Take my word for it - I'm a local Hawaiian that had not been home for 4 years.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Steven856
WDC
Reviewed January 17, 2010

The best thing about the Hilton Prince Kuhio is that it's NOT one of the massiver resort-style hotels in Waikiki. If that's what you're looking for, then I would not recommend the Hilton Prince Kuhio for you. Because it's not one of the massive hotels, you do not feel lost in the crowd. Staff are friendly; rooms are clean. The restaurant, MAC 24-7, is a great eating spot; and since it's open 24-7, it's great for travelers who are still adjusting to the time change.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank GD77
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I chose this hotel due to the Hilton name. It was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly. There was nothing special about this hotel, and for the price paid you would expect a little more. The room was very small with a useless balcony. The valet only parking was a pain. Wireless internet in the rooms was an extra charge. If value is important to you I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009