The hotel is about two blocks from Waikiki beach. You can walk to the beach easily. And it was close to a lot of shops and restaurant, so it was convenient.
The hotel is under renovation right now, so part of the hotel was closed from outside near the front entrance. We were dropped off by the shuttle bus from the airpot at the front entrance. The entrance is "somewhat" handicap accessible. Since we had suitcases, I rolled the suitcases up to front entrance. But inside the front entrance, the hotel only had stairs. Someone with wheel chair would not be able to get into the hotel at all. And I thought it was a very bad design for a hotel where most travelers are using suitcases with wheels.
The lobby looks nice. The check in time was 3 o'clock in the afternoon. We got there around 2 and was asked to wait in the lobby for the room to be ready. While we were waiting, we picked up the pamphlet in the lobby. In the pamphlet, it states that all the rooms has 42" plasma TV. We were quite excited about that. When we got to our room, we didn't find the 42" plasma TV. When we called the operator, we were told that only the newly renovated rooms has the plasma TV.
The room was small but clean. It has a small fridge with a bottle water in it. It also has a small balcony. We sat there for a while, but was bothered by the street noises. The hotel provided soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower cap.
We reserved a room with ocean view. We were placed on the 21st floor. We were able to see the Waikiki beach from our room, although there is a tall building in front of the hotel, right in the middle of our view.
We didn't go to the pool in the hotel but we went to check it out. It has a small pool with a lot of pool chairs. The pool is located on the 10th floor, so it doesn't really have any view.
Overall, the hotel is good place to stay near Waikiki beach. But it should be even nicer after they are done with all the renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu