Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ewa Hotel(Honolulu)
Hotel Renew(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
4,748 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemac restaurantthe prince kuhiohour restaurantocean viewwaikiki beachlobby barshort walk to the beachvalet parkinghigh floorsmall balconytwo blocksdiamond headpool area isthe main draghospitality rooman upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed for four nights in May.

The hotel is located one block from the beach (250 metres) but due to the church in front as great ocean views. The lobby is nice and free Wi-Fi is provided in there for guests. Check in/out was quick and easy. They allowed us early access to one of our room which was nice (2 Hours early).

Our room was a king bed on the 24 floor. Room was of an average size and I felt a little cramped compared to the other hotels I had stay in during my trip. The view was fine, had a good stretch of the water and beach. There was some obstruction in one direction due to other buildings but I expected that and had no complaints.

The room was clean and I like the way the bathroom was done with the shattered glass effect to allow natural light in. It also had a blinds on it if you wanted privacy. Bathroom was also clean and a good size with very large shower. Unfortunately with shower sucked as it was a water saver type.

As mention earlier the hotel is not located on the beach. But I believe this makes for a quieter location and to me gave a better view of both the sand and water. (Whereas I think beach front all u see is water unless you look straight down). The walk is level and easy and u can do it in the shade of other buildings.

There was no breakfast provided but the hotel does have a 24-7 restaurant (I never used it). The gym is excellent with a number of machines and weights.

The pool is located on the 10th floor. It was a good size, water was pleasant. The sun deck is large with a number of beds, lounges and chairs available. There was also a bar on the pool deck which was nice. As some have stated if does get a bit windy up there but during my stay of four night it was useable every day. It varied throughout the day from crowded to just you.

They offered free entertainment during the time we where they and it was fine except for the Sunday night. There was also a happy hour in the lobby bar.

My only complaints the shower, and the room. All room ending in '02' sit beside the elevator shafts and you can easy hear the whooshing sound they make.

Overall a good stay. Would definitely use the place again and recommended it

Room Tip: Beach view is also nicer. Also try to get a room not having '02 in it as they just along side the elevator shafts and u can hear the whooshing of three of them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Aloha and thank you very much for your five star review and all of the comments you provided. I am so thrilled that you had a great time with us and that you really enjoyed your stay. I am sure that this review will be very helpful to all of our future guests. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you visit the islands. Aloha and Mahalo

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Great location. House cleaning great. Room nice. Awesome ocean view from the 25th floor. 24/7 restaurant total disappointment. Walked out after waiting over 15 minutes of no service. Wanted king room had to settle for two doubles if we wanted ocean view. Centrally located. Walking distance to all of Waikiki.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank penny1953
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Aloha and thank you for the review about the recent stay you had with us. I am happy that you had an overall great time. I would like to apologize about the service that was received at the restaurant, I will be sure to bring this up to the Director. Aloha and Mahalo

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Beach in the first week of May 2014. We didn't have a huge budget but this was a medium priced hotel. We opted for a ocean view room and it was well worth it. We had a corner suite and got a view of both Diamond Head and the beach. Our room was modern, spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool area was quite nice and the gym was very good for a hotel gym. Very short walk to Waikiki Beach and lots of restaurants and convenience stores. We had breakfast in the hotel twice during our stay and it was very genour and delicious. We also enjoyed happy hour at the bar one evening and the live music, drinks and food was great and well priced. The staff were very helpful. Additionally, there is a trolley stop right out of the front of the hotel for a trolley to take you directly to Ala Moana shopping centre (it's about 20 mins away). I would probably chose to stay there again if I am in Honolulu. This hotel is well located but is at the quieter end of Waikiki beach which is a nice change.

Room Tip: If you get an ocean view room, ask for a corner room as you can get a view of both the ocean and diamond head with a generous balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie R

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy everything that we have to offer. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves and our location as well. Please visit us again some time soon. Aloha and Mahalo

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were offered the use of a room for an hour after 3PM on the day of checkout. This means we were able to take a tour, swim at the beach and still shower and change before catching the long flight back to Australia.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review and I am happy that our Hospitality Room worked out very well for you. I hope the flight back to Australia was a safe one. Aloha and Mahalo

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had a great view of the mountains on a high floor. Room was nice all the way around. Staff was A+. Short walk to beach. A lot of inexpensive dining options right around the hotel. Only negative is the heavy traffic at times on the main street.

Room Tip: mountain views are nice
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Aloha and thank you very much for the review. I am thrilled that you had a great time with us and thank you for the kind words about the staff. I hope you had safe travels back home. Aloha and Mahalo