“Hilton Hotel Waikiki Beach”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Excellent hotel. Friendly staff. Very accomodating. Excellent location. We are sure to return in a foreseable future. This is our second time in 2 months and we would return tomorrow and we intend to in the next 2 months.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Marielle N
Write a ReviewReviews (4,580)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here in early Feb 2014. After a 10 hour flight from Sydney, we were tired hungry and wanting shower!! We arrived at the hotel at 11am and we were greeted by the friendly receptionist (forgot her name, she was a mature lady) who managed to find a room ready for us and also upgrade as at the same time to a Deluxe Mountain View when we had originally booked a City View room. She was very helpful and very informative about the hotel's services.

Arrived to the room and was impressed. The bed was large and very comfy! The shower was massive and the balcony happened to be a large balcony that semi wrapped around the side so we could peek and see the ocean (Waikiki beach)!

Their restaurant MAC 24/7 is famous for their huge pancake challenge which we did not try, but everything else on the menu was delicious and generously served.

The "Ambassador of Aloha" I think his name was Ross or Russ (can't remember) was so friendly and would stop to shake our hands and ask how our stay was going and recommended places to eat. He has very good customer service!

This hotel is just about a 5 min walk - if that, from the beach and there are so many little ABC stores and restaurants near by if you don't want to stay inside.

All in all, everything was great! From housekeeping cleanliness, the reception staff, other hotel staff, restaurant, pool etc was great. We would definitely come back here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room, we think it beats the ocean views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kat-and-Jeremy510
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is not of Hilton standard. The ocean view room was extremely noisy. Not only the noise from the road but also from the lifts. The room and service was good. Breakfast at the restaurant was very average, certainly nothing one would expect from a 4 star hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank hely51
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Aloha, thank you very much for your comments. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Mahalo again for sharing.

Thomas Foti

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had 8 wonderful days here last month. Still basking in the memories. So close to the beach without the hustle bustle of staying on or across from the beach. My ocean view room was large with a wraparound balcony. The bathroom was something special. Loved the metallic inserts in its windows, which could be closed for privacy.

They have a pleasant small garden area with a koi pond and a gazebo, overlooked by the restaurant. I had several meals at the restaurant, Service and quality were both high. At Sunday breakfast I sat at the counter. The server was amazing as he kept track of everything, taking care of refills etc.and always with a smile. In the AM there is a small snack place by the restaurant for something quick to take with you. Also there is a small convenience store with vacation supplies and snacks, etc. The hotel has a tour desk, this was my 18th trip to HNL so I didn't see anything to sign up for.

The hotel is on a bus line. For a pleasant walk, the Ala Wai Canal is a block away. There are lots of restaurants and shops around.

They have a nice pool area on the 10th floor. There is a bar and snack area but it wasn't open the times I was there.

I will go back again and again this this place.

Room Tip: I had an end unit with a stall shower and wraparound balcony on the 15th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SoCalJunebug
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm not usually one for writing reviews but felt like I needed to let anyone thinking of staying here how amazing it is!
Visiting from England, My new husband and I stayed here for two weeks for our honeymoon and had the best time and were so impressed. We mentioned previously to visiting that is was our honey moon in an email to the hotel, and we were left so surprised when we were given a beautiful sea view room, and champagne and chocolates as a present in the room on arrival! Such a kind gesture, We felt so spoiled by the staff.
Our room was the best hotel room we have ever had, beautifully modernly furnished, luxurious and spotlessly clean.
The hotel was immaculately clean and we always had fresh towels and spotlessly clean room thanks to the kind room maids. All the staff were so kind and helpful to any questions, and would do any thing to help.
The whole hotel was beautiful, The mac 247 restaurant is amazing and a must! Delicious cocktails and waffles!!
This hotel is in a perfect location to all the local restaurants and beach a short stroll away. While not being noisy due to being in the middle of it all its perfect.
We would love to visit again in the future, we saved up to go on this special HoneyMoon and this hotel was worth every penny!
Thank you Hilton Waikiki and all the lovely staff for giving us the most amazing honeymoon we could wish for!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank RoseGoldx
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Probably one of my favourite vacations of all time. I had never been to Hawaii before and if I can help it, will go back many times!

I really enjoyed the quiet nature of this hotel, cleanliness, the quickness of the staff in getting what I needed/requested. I also enjoyed that you could book your adventures right in the hotel and didn't need to go find the places to book activities. We were right on the beach, but that was in fact probably better because it was more peaceful. It was perfect distance to the beach at no more than a 5min walk at most. the Free bus ride stop was right in front of the hotel (not possible for most hotels). It was really amazing. Recommend to all!
K

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kowthar
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a terrific stop for business. Internet is fast and reliable. Small gym, great routes for runners. Only a block from the beach and the pool area is on the tenth floor for a break from the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business