“Great location and views”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“Great location and views”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is a few streets back from Waikiki beach, good location and easy walking distance to all the shops and bus pick up points.
The pool is nice on one of the higher levels has loads of sun beds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Mahalo for the five star review. It seems like you had a splendid time with us, I am glad you enjoyed the pool area and got good use out of our sunbeds. I hope you had safe travels home. Aloha and Mahalo again.

Thomas Foti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in room 2709. We had a nice mountain view. The room itself was quite nicely decorated. It reminded me a little of the 60s but I liked the style. We dined and had breakfast at the 24/7 Mac restaurant. Both meals were very tasty. I had a noodle soup that was very big and had a nice herby taste. In the morning I went for a waffle and strawberries. A very nice start to the day.
I only had one issue with this room and that is that in the evening it had a faint smell of sewers. It might have been on those days I am not sure.
Except for that very good value for money especially considering it's location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Aloha and thank you so much for the review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed both the hotel and also the restaurant, the new options on the menu are delicious. I am sorry to hear about the faint smell you had during the evenings, next time please let us know immediately and we will be sure to take care of the situation. Mahalo.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

As you do not get much hotel for your money in Waikiki, the rate I paid was probably just about right for the location.

The hotel exterior is not the most pleasing to the eye, however, once inside, the lobby and other public areas are fine.

Location was ideal and despite full occupancy while we were there, the rooms were quiet as were the external areas.

The room we were allocated was on the 35th floor with a mountain view and despite not being the biggest, they were clean and functional.

I had complimentary internet access, but like most hotel chains in the US, this hotel will charge for it, however, thankfully there are no hidden 'resort fees' which many hotels in the area will add to your rate.

All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly, however, there were some negatives.

The 'Executive Lounge' can hardly be described as such. The majority of hotels lounges I have used are located on the highest floors, usually with panoramic views of the surrounding areas, sadly, the Hilton 'lounge' is below street level and is not the most relaxing of areas.

The food offered in the lounge can at best be described as woeful - I wonder if there is some food supplier in Oahu who has overstocked with meatballs and onion rings and has offered them to the Hilton at a discounted rate!! Repetitive would be an understatement, however, the lounge staff who we spoke to were really friendly.

Although key access allows you to enter at any time, there really isn't much point in using the facility outside of breakfast and 'happy hour' slots. I went in midday and found a forlorn bowl of nuts available with the soft drink dispenser switched off - how mean is that?

If you have lounge access by virtue of loyalty status, then fine, but I would suggest you don't pay for it - which is an available option.

The pool area is also somewhat dreary and seemed unloved. Cheap looking sunbeds are plentiful and there are a few fabric loungers, however, these have seen better days with torn fabric on them making them uninviting.

I would probably stay here again for the location alone - there are some great parks nearby and the zoo is just a short walk away, however, the issues regarding the executive lounge and pool area really need to be addressed.

Sydney
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had an early flight and were told the rooms are not availabe until 3pm - we got there about 9am - they asked us to come back in an hour or so to see if a room was availabe early and were very happy to be told about 10.30ish that one was ready. Our room was the Double Ocean View room and it was lovely!....very happy with service and rooms serviced daily but varying times so we were never sure when to come back! lol.....also as it was hot the whole time we were there the hotel does not have air conditioning in the lobby or bar! - the rooms do but not downstairs and we found it hard to stay in the bar. Other than that it was an uneventful visit and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Any ocean view rooms are worth it - we were on Level 21. Each room has a balcony but very tiny. View...
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a 7 day holiday in waikiki which will be hard to ever top!

We stayed at the hilton and were pleased with our corner room on the 34th floor! King bed, large balcony with view of both the beach and diamond head. I noticed the corner room balcony was much larger then a standard room.

We booked our tours with a very informative concierge who asked us what our occasion was. We told him we were there celebrating our anniversary in which he then arranged a bottle of wind and platter to be delivered to our room free of charge! This was a nice surprise and the greeting card they left was very nice.

The Mac 24/7 restaurant is pretty average we preferred dinners at the Cheesecake Factory but found the room service to be quite convienient after long days of touring.

The hotel is close to the main strip of shops and the beach is quiter then the centre of waikiki beach.

Overall our stay was great and we didn't want to leave!! Definitely recommend the hilton

• Stayed October 2013
We love five star reviews and thank you very much for yours. I am thrilled to hear that the both of you had a wonderful time with us. Thank you for all the kind words about the property, and I am pleased that the concierge went out of the way to do something special for you two, I will be sure to let them know they had a great impact on your stay. I hope you had safe travels home and look forward to maybe seeing you again sometime. Aloha and Mahalo.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here for part of our honeymoon. Izza at the front desk was very accommodating and was a wonderful friendly face as an introduction to the hotel! The room was modern, well lit and had a great view of the beach. In fact, the view was breathtaking! There is also a neat cracked glass divider which separates the bedroom from the bathroom and lends for a romantic feel to the room. The lifts were fast and had an added security measure in that you needed to insert your key card in order to access the guest room floors. Of course, this didn't stop someone else getting in the lift with you once you had pressed your own floor, but was a nice touch. Was not too impressed with the food in Mac 247, as although it was beautifully presented, it didn't taste that great.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for ocean facing!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Aloha and thank you very much for all of the kind words about the staff and the hotel itself. I will be sure to let Izza know that you mentioned her in your review, she really has been an added pleasure to our team. I am glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and wish you would return in the near future. Aloha and Mahalo.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Pros

- I found the service excellent, particularly on check-in. My Hilton HHonors diamond tier status was recognised on check-in by the helpful manager even though the status match (with Virgin Australia) on which it was based hadn't formally been processed yet. I received an upgraded room and free wifi and was able to check in early (11.30am), which was just what I desperately needed after a sleepless overnight flight. The mountain view room had a better outlook than I expected.

- The room was neat, clean, comfortable, spacious and well-serviced. Definitely no complaints about the accommodation.

- The location is good, if not great. It is a block back from the beach, which is a 3-4 minute stroll away. There are plenty of other similar standard hotels and shops/restaurants nearby.

Cons

- A good 10-15 min walk from the centre of Waikiki life. That said, the distance from the action makes it beautifully quiet, which hotels in the middle of it are not.

- The rooftop pool area is a bit tired and soulless, the pool is tiny and the whole area descends into shade well before sunset.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo